London City Airport evacuation: Man arrested under anti-terror laws
- Credit: PA
A man has been arrested under anti-terror legislation in connection with the evacuation of London City Airport.
A Metropolitan Police spokeswoman confirmed the 25-year-old was arrested in east London on Saturday on suspicion of using a noxious substance to cause serious damage.
She said the arrest was made under section 113 of the Anti-Terrorism, Crime and Security Act 2001.
The man was taken to a west London police station and has been bailed until a date in late November, pending further enquiries.
The airport, in the Royal Docks, was closed for around three hours on Friday afternoon, with around 500 passengers and staff evacuated.
You may also want to watch:
The Met’s Aviation Policing Command continue to investigate.
- 1 Town hall chiefs back £3m purchase of Plaistow property for rough sleeper centre
- 2 Anonymous tip off could hold key to murder of Sami Sidhom three years later
- 3 Housing campaigners to stage protest in Canning Town over empty homes
- 4 Body found in search for missing Newham man
- 5 Newham to start weekly recycling collections
- 6 Police officer jailed for GBH after injuring man in Forest Gate
- 7 Silvertown, North Woolwich heritage project offers opportunity to history buff
- 8 Tributes to 'hero' charity founder who dedicated life to Newham children
- 9 Stratford was busiest station on TfL network last year, data reveals
- 10 Jailed: Newham men who raped and robbed women in Hackney home