London City Airport evacuation: Man arrested under anti-terror laws
- Credit: PA
A man has been arrested under anti-terror legislation in connection with the evacuation of London City Airport.
A Metropolitan Police spokeswoman confirmed the 25-year-old was arrested in east London on Saturday on suspicion of using a noxious substance to cause serious damage.
She said the arrest was made under section 113 of the Anti-Terrorism, Crime and Security Act 2001.
The man was taken to a west London police station and has been bailed until a date in late November, pending further enquiries.
The airport, in the Royal Docks, was closed for around three hours on Friday afternoon, with around 500 passengers and staff evacuated.
You may also want to watch:
The Met’s Aviation Policing Command continue to investigate.
- 1 Bus crashes into lamp post in Stratford
- 2 Start Me Up: Rolling Stones legend Ronnie Wood opens studio in Canning Town for budding musicians
- 3 East Ham cannabis farm raided by police
- 4 Transfer round-up: Leyton Orient bring in eight as departures find new clubs
- 5 Appeal to help find cat missing from Canning Town
- 6 Leyton Orient could be without key forwards for season opener at Salford
- 7 Meet the weight-loss runner using Newham as a canvas
- 8 'It's about safety': Manor Park neighbours urge council to crack down on pavement parking
- 9 Jailed: 'Violent' Beckton man who threatened to chop off ex-partner's head
- 10 Moyes: It was a good, tough test for West Ham at Brentford