Life sentences for Newham men who murdered in car park
Two Newham men who murdered a father have been jailed for life.
Honorato Christovao, 54, died four days after being attacked in a car park in Norwich, his home city, by Anton St Paul and Spencer Yiadom.
Yiadom, from Saville Road, Silvertown, who admitted his part in the attack earlier in the trial at Norwich Crown Court, must spend at least 24 years in jail.
St Paul, of Keogh Road, Stratford, who was found guilty by a jury on Friday, will spend at least 23 years in jail.
A third man, Anthony Obariase, 31, of Norwich Road, Forest Gate, was earlier acquitted of murder.
You may also want to watch:
The attack on February 10, 2011 was the result of a drug dispute, which spilled over to Norwich from London’s gangland.
Yiadom and St Paul were members of the GBen gang.
- 1 Halal butcher's aiming to be 'Harrods of meat industry' opens in Stratford
- 2 Parking space row sees police called and woman left feeling 'vulnerable'
- 3 Car abandoned after triple shooting and stabbing at Forest Gate barber
- 4 'Simply horrifying': Newham MPs react after stabbing of Sir David Amess
- 5 Forest Gate townhouses scoop RIBA's Neave Brown award for 'affordable' housing
- 6 Plan to transform Royal Docks into 'world-leading' cultural hub unveiled
- 7 Family given 'gift' of week to say goodbye to son who died at 10 minutes old
- 8 14 charged with alleged drug dealing and money laundering offences
- 9 Beckton man due to be sentenced for sexual assault of young girl
- 10 'Hi-tech AI' butcher's shop opening in Stratford
They travelled up from the capital to carry out a revenge attack on rivals the JJ gang.
The evening before Mr Christovao died, the JJ gang robbed two members of the GBen gang, taking drugs, cash and phones.
Seeking revenge, GBen gang members set up a meeting through a prostitute with Mr Christovao’s long-term partner, Sharon Hodgson.
Miss Hodgson dealt small quantities of drugs from her flat for the JJ gang.
She believed she was going to a car park to meet the prostitute to buy some drugs. Miss Hodgson decided to bring her boyfriend with her as protection.
When they arrived they were confronted by the GBen gang and the father-of-one was beaten, suffering fatal head injuries.
During the trial, the court heard how Mr Christovao was not a drug dealer nor involved in the gang.