Life for Canning Town knifeman who ‘ferociously’ attacked ex-wife and her partner
- Credit: Bedfordshire Police
An “extremely dangerous” man who violently attacked his ex-wife and her new partner with a knife has today been sentenced to life behind bars.
Fatmir Mula, of Lowe Avenue, Canning Town, was found guilty of two counts of attempted murder at Luton Crown court.
The 44-year-old attacked the pair at a contact centre in Luton at around 4.40pm on July 12 last year.
When Mula turned on his ex-wife with a knife, her partner moved in to shield her. The court was told this ultimately saved her life, but it led to her partner sustaining life-threatening stab wounds to the chest.
Mula fled the scene but was arrested the following day. He has been handed two life sentences to be served concurrently, each with a minimum term of 11 years,
You may also want to watch:
Det Con Scott Hannam said: “The ferocious attack could easily have resulted in the death of either or both of the victims. This behaviour is intolerable.
“We are pleased that the jury has found him guilty for this violent behaviour and that he will spend a lengthy time behind bars. Domestic violence of any kind is not acceptable and we will work hard to bring those responsible to justice.”
- 1 Newham to start weekly recycling collections
- 2 Anonymous tip off could hold key to murder of Sami Sidhom three years later
- 3 Town hall chiefs back £3m purchase of Plaistow property for rough sleeper centre
- 4 Ex-student who got MIT scholarship sets up tutor business to help others
- 5 'Council houses now': Protesters stage action over empty homes
- 6 Police officer jailed for GBH after injuring man in Forest Gate
- 7 Jailed: Newham men who raped and robbed women in Hackney home
- 8 Santino Dymiter murder: Teens given life terms for 'savage' gang killing
- 9 Operose: Addressing 'understandable' concerns over GP takeover
- 10 Recognising the importance of crossing thresholds as lockdown eases
The court also ruled Mula to be a dangerous offender and stipulated that he must convince a parole board of his suitability for release when he becomes eligible.
Adrian Foster, chief crown prosecutor for Thames and Chiltern Crown Prosecution Service, said: “This was a completely unjustified, unprovoked, and planned attack. Mula is clearly an extremely dangerous man.
“Understandably, the events on that day have had a significant impact on the victims both physically and psychologically.
“I hope that the convictions and today’s sentence will in some way help them to come to terms with the horrifying events with the knowledge that the person that subjected him to their terrible ordeal has been brought to justice.”