Kristy Bamu ‘witchcraft killing’: ‘I had no choice’ pleaded sobbing sister
A woman accused of torturing her brother Kristy Bamu to death because she suspected he was a witch sobbed in the Old Bailey witness box as she insisted: “I didn’t have a choice.”
Magalie Bamu, 28, claimed boyfriend Eric Bikubi threatened her with a plank of wood and ordered her to attack the 15-year-old.
When she refused, her furious partner hit him even harder, she said.
Gesturing towards Bikubi, she added: “None of us had a choice because of him.”
Kristy and two sisters were forced to stand in a corner of the flat in Manor Park while Bikubi punched them and told a brother to do the same, she said.
You may also want to watch:
Later Bikubi used weapons including a weightlifting bar, a curtain pole, pliers and a hammer, as well as inserting a lightbulb into Kristy’s mouth, she said.
Kristy’s brothers were also ordered to hold him down while Bikubi broke ceramic floor tiles over his head before he drowned the teenager in the bath.
- 1 Architects awarded £300K contract for Stratford Station makeover
- 2 Blaze under control at block of flats being built in Canning Town
- 3 Family of man who died after attack in Canning Town pays tribute to a 'loving, generous' father
- 4 Rumours over empty Stratford estate homes quashed in meeting
- 5 Flights from London City Airport to Switzerland resume as hub readies for return to international travel
- 6 Two Levels FC youngsters seal deals with Football League clubs
- 7 Stratford fast food shop destroyed by 'deep fat fryer' blaze
- 8 Mayor pledges to continue focus on election promises after Newham referendum result
- 9 Pearce believes camaraderie has given West Ham a chance of making Europe
- 10 Woman arrested in Custom House fatal stabbing and shooting investigation
Bamu said he had lied to her about working in a clothes shop when he had in fact been signing on.
He was also having an affair with another woman.
“I don’t think I know Eric at all”, she said.
Later, she said she was called into the bathroom. When she entered, she claimed the water in the bath was already up above Kristy’s nose.
“He was just lying there,” she told the court.
“I was saying ‘Eric, you need to call the ambulance, he’s not moving’. But Eric said he was pretending.”
Bamu eventually managed to make a 999 call from her mobile phone, the court heard.