Kristy Bamu witchcraft case latest: Jury out
Jurors trying a Manor Park couple accused of torturing and drowning a teenage boy to death after accusing him of witchcraft are considering their verdicts this afternoon.
Magalie Bamu, 29, attacked her 15-year-old brother Kristy Bamu with pliers and a metal pole, while her fiancee Eric Bikubi, 28, used knives, wooden planks and a hammer, it is alleged.
The pair are also accused of inflicting beatings on Kristy’s sister Kelly, 20, and an 11-year-old sister, who cannot be named, after accusing them of sorcery.
Kristy suffered more than 100 separate injuries after he was subjected to “torture of quite brutal and savage proportions” at their home in Hathaway Crescent, the Old Bailey has heard.
Bikubi denies murder, but has admitted manslaughter on the grounds of diminished responsibility. The trial has heard he was suffering from a “schizophrenia-like” brain injury, which would have caused delusions and hallucinations.
You may also want to watch:
He has also admitted two counts of causing actual bodily harm.
She denies murder and two counts and causing actual bodily harm to Kelly and her younger sister.
- 1 Town hall chiefs back £3m purchase of Plaistow property for rough sleeper centre
- 2 Anonymous tip off could hold key to murder of Sami Sidhom three years later
- 3 Housing campaigners to stage protest in Canning Town over empty homes
- 4 Body found in search for missing Newham man
- 5 Police officer jailed for GBH after injuring man in Forest Gate
- 6 Newham to start weekly recycling collections
- 7 Silvertown, North Woolwich heritage project offers opportunity to history buff
- 8 Tributes to 'hero' charity founder who dedicated life to Newham children
- 9 Stratford was busiest station on TfL network last year, data reveals
- 10 Santino Dymiter murder: Teens given life terms for 'savage' gang killing