Kristy Bamu witchcraft case latest: Jury out
Jurors trying a Manor Park couple accused of torturing and drowning a teenage boy to death after accusing him of witchcraft are considering their verdicts this afternoon.
Magalie Bamu, 29, attacked her 15-year-old brother Kristy Bamu with pliers and a metal pole, while her fiancee Eric Bikubi, 28, used knives, wooden planks and a hammer, it is alleged.
The pair are also accused of inflicting beatings on Kristy’s sister Kelly, 20, and an 11-year-old sister, who cannot be named, after accusing them of sorcery.
Kristy suffered more than 100 separate injuries after he was subjected to “torture of quite brutal and savage proportions” at their home in Hathaway Crescent, the Old Bailey has heard.
Bikubi denies murder, but has admitted manslaughter on the grounds of diminished responsibility. The trial has heard he was suffering from a “schizophrenia-like” brain injury, which would have caused delusions and hallucinations.
You may also want to watch:
He has also admitted two counts of causing actual bodily harm.
She denies murder and two counts and causing actual bodily harm to Kelly and her younger sister.
- 1 Changes to controversial Newham parking scheme announced
- 2 'It must be urgently addressed': New research into BAME Covid impact
- 3 Violent gang stuff sock in elderly woman's mouth and steal her jewellery
- 4 Artist plans window exhibition to put Newham's artistic talent on the map
- 5 Leyton Orient boss Embleton could rotate team for Bolton trip
- 6 'Clearly insufficient' - Canning Town teacher in charge of foodbank talks free school meal hampers
- 7 West Ham boss Moyes believes they have plenty more to come after Palace victory
- 8 Police appeal for help after woman raped in Beckton
- 9 West Ham forward Alisha Lehmann joins Everton on loan
- 10 This is what we want to show everyone says Hammers star Tomas Soucek