Kristy Bamu witchcraft case latest: Jury out
Jurors trying a Manor Park couple accused of torturing and drowning a teenage boy to death after accusing him of witchcraft are considering their verdicts this afternoon.
Magalie Bamu, 29, attacked her 15-year-old brother Kristy Bamu with pliers and a metal pole, while her fiancee Eric Bikubi, 28, used knives, wooden planks and a hammer, it is alleged.
The pair are also accused of inflicting beatings on Kristy’s sister Kelly, 20, and an 11-year-old sister, who cannot be named, after accusing them of sorcery.
Kristy suffered more than 100 separate injuries after he was subjected to “torture of quite brutal and savage proportions” at their home in Hathaway Crescent, the Old Bailey has heard.
Bikubi denies murder, but has admitted manslaughter on the grounds of diminished responsibility. The trial has heard he was suffering from a “schizophrenia-like” brain injury, which would have caused delusions and hallucinations.
He has also admitted two counts of causing actual bodily harm.
She denies murder and two counts and causing actual bodily harm to Kelly and her younger sister.
- 1 East London man charged with six terrorism offences
- 2 Warnings of ice across London amid plummeting temperatures
- 3 'Extremely violent' Forest Gate robbery filmed by onlookers
- 4 We need to put the ball in the net says Rice after West Ham defeat at City
- 5 Burglar posing as police officer 'preyed upon the elderly'
- 6 Westfield bar's licence under threat after girl raped
- 7 'We have been failed': Newham families face eviction by council
- 8 Multi-vehicle collision in Canning Town leads to one driver being cut free
- 9 Members of Mali Boys gang jailed for supplying Class A drugs into Essex
- 10 12 people wanted after unlinked Newham robberies