Kristy Bamu witchcraft case latest: Jury out
Jurors trying a Manor Park couple accused of torturing and drowning a teenage boy to death after accusing him of witchcraft are considering their verdicts this afternoon.
Magalie Bamu, 29, attacked her 15-year-old brother Kristy Bamu with pliers and a metal pole, while her fiancee Eric Bikubi, 28, used knives, wooden planks and a hammer, it is alleged.
The pair are also accused of inflicting beatings on Kristy’s sister Kelly, 20, and an 11-year-old sister, who cannot be named, after accusing them of sorcery.
Kristy suffered more than 100 separate injuries after he was subjected to “torture of quite brutal and savage proportions” at their home in Hathaway Crescent, the Old Bailey has heard.
Bikubi denies murder, but has admitted manslaughter on the grounds of diminished responsibility. The trial has heard he was suffering from a “schizophrenia-like” brain injury, which would have caused delusions and hallucinations.
You may also want to watch:
He has also admitted two counts of causing actual bodily harm.
She denies murder and two counts and causing actual bodily harm to Kelly and her younger sister.
- 1 Bus crashes into lamp post in Stratford
- 2 Start Me Up: Rolling Stones legend Ronnie Wood opens studio in Canning Town for budding musicians
- 3 East Ham cannabis farm raided by police
- 4 Transfer round-up: Leyton Orient bring in eight as departures find new clubs
- 5 Appeal to help find cat missing from Canning Town
- 6 Leyton Orient could be without key forwards for season opener at Salford
- 7 Meet the weight-loss runner using Newham as a canvas
- 8 'It's about safety': Manor Park neighbours urge council to crack down on pavement parking
- 9 Jailed: 'Violent' Beckton man who threatened to chop off ex-partner's head
- 10 Moyes: It was a good, tough test for West Ham at Brentford