Plaistow man pleads guilty to murder of Kelly Stewart
- Credit: Archant
A Plaistow man has pleaded guilty to the murder of Kelly Stewart, whose body was found in the grounds of a church in March.
Kieran Rifat, of Grange Road, entered his plea at the Old Bailey yesterday (Wednesday, December 23).
The 22-year-old will be sentenced on January 29, 2021.
The body of Ms Stewart, 41, was found in the grounds of Memorial Community Church in Barking Road, Plaistow on the afternoon of Thursday, March 26.
She was pronounced dead at the scene and a post-mortem examination the next day gave the cause of death as impact injuries to the head.
You may also want to watch:
Ms Stewart was of no fixed address at the time of her death, but was from the area.
- 1 Police appeal for help after woman raped in Beckton
- 2 Footage shows crowd piling onto train at Canning Town station
- 3 Forest Gate man, 21, charged with dangerous and drug driving
- 4 Newham's Covid-19 case rate 'huge' but there is 'light at end of the tunnel'
- 5 NHS Nightingale London opens to patients without Covid-19
- 6 Double murder accused remanded in custody over ‘brutal’ stabbings
- 7 Volunteers out to bust Covid jab myths and false conspiracy theories
- 8 Dangerous driver arrested after police find drugs and £28k cash
- 9 NHS 'concerned' about Covid vaccine uptake in Newham
- 10 Serial fraudster who set up fake real estate company jailed for six years