Plaistow man pleads guilty to murder of Kelly Stewart
- Credit: Archant
A Plaistow man has pleaded guilty to the murder of Kelly Stewart, whose body was found in the grounds of a church in March.
Kieran Rifat, of Grange Road, entered his plea at the Old Bailey yesterday (Wednesday, December 23).
The 22-year-old will be sentenced on January 29, 2021.
The body of Ms Stewart, 41, was found in the grounds of Memorial Community Church in Barking Road, Plaistow on the afternoon of Thursday, March 26.
She was pronounced dead at the scene and a post-mortem examination the next day gave the cause of death as impact injuries to the head.
You may also want to watch:
Ms Stewart was of no fixed address at the time of her death, but was from the area.
- 1 Ex-police officer among group jailed for £850k intercept from rival gangs
- 2 Vandal targets St Antony statue outside church in Forest Gate
- 3 Lewis Hamilton-backed vegan burger joint to open in Stratford
- 4 Family of man who died after attack in Canning Town pays tribute to a 'loving, generous' father
- 5 Rumours over empty Stratford estate homes quashed in meeting
- 6 Architects awarded £300K contract for Stratford Station makeover
- 7 Blaze under control at block of flats being built in Canning Town
- 8 'Petrified' cat reunited with kittens after 'pursuit' in Canning Town
- 9 Newham charity hands out 500 food parcels to 'vulnerable' international students struggling with Covid-19
- 10 Woman arrested in Custom House fatal stabbing and shooting investigation