Plaistow man pleads guilty to murder of Kelly Stewart
- Credit: Archant
A Plaistow man has pleaded guilty to the murder of Kelly Stewart, whose body was found in the grounds of a church in March.
Kieran Rifat, of Grange Road, entered his plea at the Old Bailey yesterday (Wednesday, December 23).
The 22-year-old will be sentenced on January 29, 2021.
The body of Ms Stewart, 41, was found in the grounds of Memorial Community Church in Barking Road, Plaistow on the afternoon of Thursday, March 26.
She was pronounced dead at the scene and a post-mortem examination the next day gave the cause of death as impact injuries to the head.
You may also want to watch:
Ms Stewart was of no fixed address at the time of her death, but was from the area.
- 1 Roof destroyed by fire in Upton Park
- 2 Jailed: 'Violent' Beckton man who threatened to chop off ex-partner's head
- 3 Guilty: Who was jailed across east London in July?
- 4 'It's about safety': Manor Park neighbours urge council to crack down on pavement parking
- 5 Midfielder Ouss Cisse confirms Leyton Orient departure
- 6 Next court date for drink driving accused after Beckton collision
- 7 Tyrese Omotoye impresses on O's trial as Ouss Cisse looks set to depart
- 8 Moyes: It was a good, tough test for West Ham at Brentford
- 9 New developments given the green light in Newham so far this year
- 10 Data reveals house price rises in Olympic boroughs since London 2012