KFC worker in Stratford stabbed while working
- Credit: Archant
A KFC worker in Stratford has been left in a serious condition after being stabbed while working on Friday.
Police were called to the KFC branch on the Stratford Broadway following reports of a stabbing at about 5pm on Friday.
The 35-year-old man, who was found with severe abdominal injuries, was working behind the counter when he was attacked.
He has been taken to an east London hospital where he remains in a serious but not life threatening condition.
“We are shocked and saddened by this terrible incident,” a KFC spokeswoman said. “We are doing everything we can to support our employee and his family, as well as assisting the police in their investigations.”
You may also want to watch:
Officers in Newham are appealing for information following the incident.
No arrests have been made.
- 1 Police appeal for help after woman raped in Beckton
- 2 Footage shows crowd piling onto train at Canning Town station
- 3 Newham's Covid-19 case rate 'huge' but there is 'light at end of the tunnel'
- 4 Forest Gate man, 21, charged with dangerous and drug driving
- 5 Double murder accused remanded in custody over ‘brutal’ stabbings
- 6 Dangerous driver arrested after police find drugs and £28k cash
- 7 Leyton Orient boss Embleton expecting more movement in the transfer window
- 8 Serial fraudster who set up fake real estate company jailed for six years
- 9 Barts apologises to family after death of Stratford woman
- 10 Leyton Orient boss Embleton finally gets his man in Dan Kemp
Witnesses or anyone with information can call police on 101 or contact Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.