KFC worker in Stratford stabbed while working
- Credit: Archant
A KFC worker in Stratford has been left in a serious condition after being stabbed while working on Friday.
Police were called to the KFC branch on the Stratford Broadway following reports of a stabbing at about 5pm on Friday.
The 35-year-old man, who was found with severe abdominal injuries, was working behind the counter when he was attacked.
He has been taken to an east London hospital where he remains in a serious but not life threatening condition.
“We are shocked and saddened by this terrible incident,” a KFC spokeswoman said. “We are doing everything we can to support our employee and his family, as well as assisting the police in their investigations.”
You may also want to watch:
Officers in Newham are appealing for information following the incident.
No arrests have been made.
- 1 Newham to start weekly recycling collections
- 2 Town hall chiefs back £3m purchase of Plaistow property for rough sleeper centre
- 3 Anonymous tip off could hold key to murder of Sami Sidhom three years later
- 4 Operose: Addressing 'understandable' concerns over GP takeover
- 5 Body found in search for missing Newham man
- 6 Police officer jailed for GBH after injuring man in Forest Gate
- 7 Housing campaigners to stage protest in Canning Town over empty homes
- 8 Santino Dymiter murder: Teens given life terms for 'savage' gang killing
- 9 Jailed: Newham men who raped and robbed women in Hackney home
- 10 Women's FA Cup: West Ham 11 Chichester & Selsey 0
Witnesses or anyone with information can call police on 101 or contact Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.