KFC worker in Stratford stabbed while working
- Credit: Archant
A KFC worker in Stratford has been left in a serious condition after being stabbed while working on Friday.
Police were called to the KFC branch on the Stratford Broadway following reports of a stabbing at about 5pm on Friday.
The 35-year-old man, who was found with severe abdominal injuries, was working behind the counter when he was attacked.
He has been taken to an east London hospital where he remains in a serious but not life threatening condition.
“We are shocked and saddened by this terrible incident,” a KFC spokeswoman said. “We are doing everything we can to support our employee and his family, as well as assisting the police in their investigations.”
You may also want to watch:
Officers in Newham are appealing for information following the incident.
No arrests have been made.
- 1 Engineering student wins place at Princeton University
- 2 Grade II-listed building to become creative hub with £250k refurb
- 3 West Ham sign World Cup-winning goalkeeper Alphonse Areola on loan
- 4 Fried chicken outlet to open at Westfield in Stratford
- 5 Free fitness sessions on offer in Newham as parkrun returns
- 6 The secondary schools in Newham rated outstanding by Ofsted
- 7 More than 20 places in Newham hit by flooding, council says
- 8 Barts Trust ends major incident but situation 'critical' at Whipps Cross
- 9 'Life-saving' service at Canning Town homeless charity scoops £150k
- 10 Forest Gate flats bid gets green light despite neighbours' objections
Witnesses or anyone with information can call police on 101 or contact Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.