KFC worker in Stratford stabbed while working
- Credit: Archant
A KFC worker in Stratford has been left in a serious condition after being stabbed while working on Friday.
Police were called to the KFC branch on the Stratford Broadway following reports of a stabbing at about 5pm on Friday.
The 35-year-old man, who was found with severe abdominal injuries, was working behind the counter when he was attacked.
He has been taken to an east London hospital where he remains in a serious but not life threatening condition.
“We are shocked and saddened by this terrible incident,” a KFC spokeswoman said. “We are doing everything we can to support our employee and his family, as well as assisting the police in their investigations.”
You may also want to watch:
Officers in Newham are appealing for information following the incident.
No arrests have been made.
- 1 Westfield evacuated after fire at centre in Stratford
- 2 Car abandoned after triple shooting and stabbing at Forest Gate barber
- 3 Halal butcher's aiming to be 'Harrods of meat industry' opens in Stratford
- 4 Parking space row sees police called and woman left feeling 'vulnerable'
- 5 14 charged with alleged drug dealing and money laundering offences
- 6 Forest Gate townhouses scoop RIBA's Neave Brown award for 'affordable' housing
- 7 Road and rail round-up: Disruptions to travel in east London this week
- 8 Update: Girl, 14, missing from East Ham found
- 9 Beckton man due to be sentenced for sexual assault of young girl
- 10 Man in critical condition after triple shooting in Newham
Witnesses or anyone with information can call police on 101 or contact Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.