Kacem Mokrane: Newham man amongst seven charged with 2017 murder
- Credit: Met Police
A man from Newham was among seven people charged today with the murder of Kacem Mokrane four years ago.
The 18-year-old was fatally stabbed in Waltham Forest on November 16, 2017.
He died of multiple organ failure four days later as a result of his injuries.
Five men were arrested at addresses across London this morning by detectives from the specialist crime command, and taken to police stations where they were charged with murder.
They include Abdirisak Ali, 24, of Newham; Shadab Abdul-Karim, 23, of Islington; Christopher Wilson, 20, of Greenwich; Kamil Kazmierski, 21, of Waltham Forest; and Richard Billington, 40, of Essex.
You may also want to watch:
Two other people – Hamza Ul-Haq, 23, and Luca Griffiths, 19, both of Waltham Forest – were charged via postal charge requisition.
They were all due to appear in custody at Thames Magistrates’ Court today.
- 1 Body found in derelict pub in Forest Gate
- 2 Westfield evacuated after fire at centre in Stratford
- 3 Car abandoned after triple shooting and stabbing at Forest Gate barber
- 4 Westfield Stratford City reopens after shop fire caused by electrical fault
- 5 Revealed: The most popular baby names in your area in 2020
- 6 Neighbours call for mortuary car wash plans to be reversed
- 7 14 charged with alleged drug dealing and money laundering offences
- 8 Parking space row sees police called and woman left feeling 'vulnerable'
- 9 'We love away days' says West Ham star Declan Rice
- 10 Update: Girl, 14, missing from East Ham found