Promise Nkenda murder trial: Defendants await jury verdict
- Credit: Archant
The jury is out in the trial of five teenagers accused of murdering Lord Promise Nkenda, who was fatally stabbed in Canning Town in February.
Shemar Dawes, 18, of Newland Road, Hornsey, Ishaq Abdille, 18, of Field Road, Forest Gate, Ephraim Idris, 18, of Dovehouse Mead, Barking, Anton Muir, 18, of Bassetts Fields, Epping, and a juvenile who can’t be named for legal reasons, have been
on trial at the Old Bailey since November 5.
Promise was struck down by a stolen BMW in Canning Town on Valentine’s Day, before he escaped down an alley into Goldwing Close.
He was stabbed 15 times, but managed to knock on the door of a nearby house to raise the alarm. He died at the scene.
You may also want to watch:
All five defendants have denied murdering the 17-year-old, said to be from North Woolwich.
- 1 Engineering student wins place at Princeton University
- 2 West Ham United reveal 2021/22 Umbro Third Kit
- 3 Free fitness sessions on offer in Newham as parkrun returns
- 4 Ex-McDonald's crew member in final of national awards honouring those shaping business world
- 5 West Ham sign World Cup-winning goalkeeper Alphonse Areola on loan
- 6 More than 20 places in Newham hit by flooding, council says
- 7 Forest Gate flats bid gets green light despite neighbours' objections
- 8 The secondary schools in Newham rated outstanding by Ofsted
- 9 Fried chicken outlet to open at Westfield in Stratford
- 10 Meet the Forest Gate pastor supporting athletes at Tokyo Olympics 2020