Jailed: East Ham drug dealer who had crack cocaine and heroin in his car
- Credit: Archant
A dealer has been jailed after officers found Class A drugs in the car he was driving.
Jason Habibo of Lonsdale Close, East Ham, was charged with possession with intent to supply after police uncovered cash and 23 wraps of crack cocaine and heroin in the black Ford Focus in Chelmsford.
Habibo denied the charges, but later changed his plea to guilty. The 26-year-old was sentenced to five and-a-half years at Snaresbrook Crown Court on October 14.
Det Sgt James Pammett said: “Drugs ruin lives and cause misery to our communities and we work tirelessly to take drugs of our streets and put those selling them behind bars.
“Fortunately, due to the quality of our thorough and comprehensive investigation [Habibo] had no choice but change his plea and admit the charges.
You may also want to watch:
“I hope this serves as a warning to other people selling drugs across Essex that we are watching you and we will bring you to justice.”
- 1 Town hall chiefs back £3m purchase of Plaistow property for rough sleeper centre
- 2 Anonymous tip off could hold key to murder of Sami Sidhom three years later
- 3 Housing campaigners to stage protest in Canning Town over empty homes
- 4 Body found in search for missing Newham man
- 5 Newham to start weekly recycling collections
- 6 Police officer jailed for GBH after injuring man in Forest Gate
- 7 Silvertown, North Woolwich heritage project offers opportunity to history buff
- 8 Tributes to 'hero' charity founder who dedicated life to Newham children
- 9 Stratford was busiest station on TfL network last year, data reveals
- 10 Jailed: Newham men who raped and robbed women in Hackney home