Jailed: Plaistow man who raped girl, 16, and groomed children on Facebook
- Credit: Empics Entertainment
A pervert who raped a girl he met through WhatsApp and coaxed two other children to carry out sex acts after grooming them on Facebook has been jailed.
Wasee Chowdhury, 25, from Dragon Close, Plaistow, raped the 16-year-old in a gas room inside a car park after he convinced her to meet him hours after contacting her.
Detectives investigating the rape discovered he had groomed two more victims when they analysed his phone after he was arrested.
Snaresbrook Crown Court heard Chowdhury contacted the girl, who he did not know, via the phone messaging system, and offered her the opportunity to make £1,000 by looking after some money for him.
He then sent her numerous messages and convinced her to meet up with him later the same day at the car park where he raped her.
You may also want to watch:
He was arrested for the rape and subsequently held on further sex offences once his Facebook activity came to light.
He was convicted of a string of sex offences and last week jailed for 13 years.
- 1 Violent gang stuff sock in elderly woman's mouth and steal her jewellery
- 2 Council rents offices to ambulance service to save money
- 3 Covid vaccination hub opening in Westfield next week
- 4 Police release image after teenager stabbed in Forest Gate robbery
- 5 Tributes to Newham cop who died after positive Covid-19 test
- 6 NHS nurse assaulted at east London hospital
- 7 What a load of old rubbish: Fly-tippers keep charity staff out of building
- 8 Police appeal for help after woman raped in Beckton
- 9 Arrests after girl, 16, falls onto tracks at King George V DLR
- 10 Double murder accused remanded in custody over ‘brutal’ stabbings
Detective Inspector Mark Rogers, of the Met’s sexual offences, exploitation and child abuse command, said: “Chowdhury is a dangerous offender who exploits children via social media platforms. He entices children with offers of money before going on to sexually assault them and make indecent videos.
“This investigation clearly highlights the potential dangers of social media platforms.
“Chowdhury is a predator, who will now be monitored for life and the sentence imposed highlights the severity of the crimes he has committed.”
DC Spencer Thomas, who along with DC Tracey Blair, investigated the case, added: “We want to praise the courage and bravery of all the victims in giving evidence against Chowdhury and would like to encourage any young person who has been the victim of sexual violence to tell someone you trust or inform the police on 101 or Crimestoppers, anonymously, on 0800 555 111.”