Jailed: Plaistow man who raped girl, 16, and groomed children on Facebook
- Credit: Empics Entertainment
A pervert who raped a girl he met through WhatsApp and coaxed two other children to carry out sex acts after grooming them on Facebook has been jailed.
Wasee Chowdhury, 25, from Dragon Close, Plaistow, raped the 16-year-old in a gas room inside a car park after he convinced her to meet him hours after contacting her.
Detectives investigating the rape discovered he had groomed two more victims when they analysed his phone after he was arrested.
Snaresbrook Crown Court heard Chowdhury contacted the girl, who he did not know, via the phone messaging system, and offered her the opportunity to make £1,000 by looking after some money for him.
He then sent her numerous messages and convinced her to meet up with him later the same day at the car park where he raped her.
You may also want to watch:
He was arrested for the rape and subsequently held on further sex offences once his Facebook activity came to light.
He was convicted of a string of sex offences and last week jailed for 13 years.
- 1 Forest Gate triple shooting: 'Safety is everybody's business,' councillor says
- 2 Cause of death remains unknown after body found in disused Forest Gate pub
- 3 Man given community order for 26 counts of criminal damage after scratching name into property
- 4 Jailed man caught with knife in Stratford to be handed court order
- 5 Body found in derelict pub in Forest Gate
- 6 Thames Barrier closing for 200th time amid potential east London flooding
- 7 'Cheating surge': Dating site reveals how many people are having affairs in your area
- 8 Newham mathematician to fill in for Countdown presenter and expectant mum Rachel Riley
- 9 241-home development at Royal Albert Wharf marks 12-storey milestone
- 10 Car abandoned after triple shooting and stabbing at Forest Gate barber
Detective Inspector Mark Rogers, of the Met’s sexual offences, exploitation and child abuse command, said: “Chowdhury is a dangerous offender who exploits children via social media platforms. He entices children with offers of money before going on to sexually assault them and make indecent videos.
“This investigation clearly highlights the potential dangers of social media platforms.
“Chowdhury is a predator, who will now be monitored for life and the sentence imposed highlights the severity of the crimes he has committed.”
DC Spencer Thomas, who along with DC Tracey Blair, investigated the case, added: “We want to praise the courage and bravery of all the victims in giving evidence against Chowdhury and would like to encourage any young person who has been the victim of sexual violence to tell someone you trust or inform the police on 101 or Crimestoppers, anonymously, on 0800 555 111.”