Jailed: Plaistow man who drove at police
A man has been jailed for deliberately driving his car at three police officers.
Homeless Mayroof Ahmed had been driving his BMW along Newham Way in Custom House on March 2 when he was involved in a collision with another vehicle.
Both cars pulled over in Garvary Road and an argument broke out.
Inner London Crown Court heard last week the second driver, fearing for his safety, fled the scene, leaving Ahmed free to search his abandoned car and steal his sat-nav.
He then got back into his BMW and drove away. But police were and officers tracked him down to nearby Elkington Road, Plaistow.
You may also want to watch:
They tried to stop him but Ahmed drove into their marked police car, injuring the two officers inside.
A passing police van responded and Ahmed drove at speed into the second police vehicle.
- 1 Watch the moment 'stolen' car drives into vehicles in East Ham
- 2 Otas Sarkus: Two charged with murder after fatal shooting
- 3 Steven Fry stabbing: Custom House victim named in murder investigation
- 4 Kacem Mokrane: Newham man amongst seven charged with 2017 murder
- 5 Machetes, zombie and lock knives: Five plead guilty after police seize 128 weapons in Plaistow
- 6 West Ham Academy legend receives honorary doctorate from UEL
- 7 Depth up front is going to be vital says Leyton Orient boss Jackett
- 8 Jailed: 'Sadistically cruel' East Ham man who raped, assaulted victim
- 9 Otas Sarkus: Three men arrested after Upton Park fatal shooting
- 10 Silvertown man jailed after police seize drugs with street value of £750k
The police driver was also injured and suffered leg and back injuries.
Ahmed admitted a series of charges, including dangerous driving, criminal damage, resisting arrest and assault and was jailed for two years and four months.