Jailed: Plaistow man who drove at police
A man has been jailed for deliberately driving his car at three police officers.
Homeless Mayroof Ahmed had been driving his BMW along Newham Way in Custom House on March 2 when he was involved in a collision with another vehicle.
Both cars pulled over in Garvary Road and an argument broke out.
Inner London Crown Court heard last week the second driver, fearing for his safety, fled the scene, leaving Ahmed free to search his abandoned car and steal his sat-nav.
He then got back into his BMW and drove away. But police were and officers tracked him down to nearby Elkington Road, Plaistow.
They tried to stop him but Ahmed drove into their marked police car, injuring the two officers inside.
A passing police van responded and Ahmed drove at speed into the second police vehicle.
- 1 Man charged with Beckton murder as victim named
- 2 Guilty: Man murdered woman at bus stop and tried to kill another a day later
- 3 Maryland machete murderer found guilty - as police hunt second attacker
- 4 3 arrests after death of man found unresponsive in Beckton
- 5 Jailed: Forest Gate serial arsonist who started more than two dozen fires
- 6 Jailed: 8 east London offenders put behind bars in June
- 7 Revealed: Cause of terraced houses blaze in East Ham
- 8 The Rolling Stones prove rock ‘n’ roll is alive and kicking at Hyde Park
- 9 Police officer sacked for 'turning blind eye’ to criminal husband
- 10 Have you seen Lisa, 47, who is missing from Forest Gate?
The police driver was also injured and suffered leg and back injuries.
Ahmed admitted a series of charges, including dangerous driving, criminal damage, resisting arrest and assault and was jailed for two years and four months.