Jailed: Newham drug dealers who boasted about selling crack and heroin on rap video
- Credit: Archant
Two teenage drug dealers from Newham have been jailed after a boastful rap video with them surrounded with crack cocaine and heroin fell into the hands of the police.
Caleb Umeniyora, 18, of Cotswold Gardens, East Ham, and Tristan Sotange, 18, of Botha Road, Plaistow, brazenly rapped about being drug dealers on the mobile phone footage seized by officers.
Police had visited a flat in Chatam, Kent, as part of a routine check on a resident and found the pair there alongside 43 wraps of heroin and 35 wraps of crack cocaine with a total street value of between £780 and £1,560 in December last year.
They were arrested on suspicion of drug offences and the damning videos, which also included clips of them preparing drugs in the flat, were found on their mobile phones.
Last week they admitted possession with intent to supply crack cocaine and heroin and both were jailed for two year and five months.
You may also want to watch:
Det Con Rob Hemsley, investigating officer, said: “Both men were brazen enough to film themselves with the drugs as well as rapping about being drug dealers but ultimately these videos have brought about their downfall.
“Umeniyora and Sotonge had no choice but to plead guilty due to the evidence officers had secured against them.
- 1 Luxury hotel with artisan food market and rooftop bar to open in Stratford
- 2 Liverpool Street to Shenfield line suspended as person hit by train
- 3 Driver, 18, wanted for driving wrong way through Blackwall Tunnel
- 4 WATCH: Footage emerges of Beckton Alps ski slope
- 5 Cause of death remains unknown after body found in disused Forest Gate pub
- 6 Body found in derelict pub in Forest Gate
- 7 Capacity at West Ham's London stadium to increase to 62,500
- 8 Who can get a Covid booster jab and how can I book one?
- 9 Jailed man caught with knife in Stratford to be handed court order
- 10 Newham nursery schools praised for inclusion work
“They targeted a vulnerable resident in order to use their flat as a base from where they could do drug deals and didn’t care about the impact this had on the victim.”