Jailed: East Ham gun dealer who supplied weapon to 16-year-old boy
- Credit: Archant
A gun dealer from East Ham who supplied a weapon to a 16-year-old boy has been jailed following an undercover operation.
When officers raided the home Kenneth Lee, 47, shared with his elderly father in Bedford Road, they uncovered shotgun stocks, sawn off shotgun barrels, a wrap containing crack cocaine and materials used to reactivate the weapon.
The boy visited Lee’s home where he was given a sawn-off shotgun before the pair left the property together.
Lee was snared as part of a join operation by the Met’s Organised Crime Partnership (OCP) and the National Crime Agency (NCA) targeting dealers who supplied guns to criminal gangs in London.
Wood Green Crown Court heard he had already been banned from possessing a gun after a previous conviction for shotgun possession.
You may also want to watch:
He was jailed for six years for and also sentenced to a concurrent four-and-a-half year term for flouting his gun ban and a concurrent two months for drugs possession.
When the boy, who cannot be named for legal reasons, was arrested the gun and a knife was found in his rucksack.
- 1 Police release image after teenager stabbed in Forest Gate robbery
- 2 Stratford councillor who slammed Boris's bike ride cycles 30 mile round trip across London
- 3 Arrests after girl, 16, falls onto tracks at King George V DLR
- 4 Police appeal for help after woman raped in Beckton
- 5 Doctors urge Tower Hamlets mayor to end support for Silvertown Tunnel
- 6 Trust partnership helps free school meals pupils to eat healthy at home
- 7 Double murder accused remanded in custody over ‘brutal’ stabbings
- 8 Jarrod Bowen hails West Ham as they dug deep to seal victory over West Brom
- 9 Forest Gate man, 21, charged with dangerous and drug driving
- 10 Tribute to 7th Barts Health Trust worker to die of Covid-19
He was sentenced to eight months in a youth detention centre.
Clare Meehan, operations manager at the OCP, said: “A sawn-off shotgun is a seriously nasty weapon capable of inflicting devastating damage on targets and bystanders.
“Anyone carrying or smuggling a gun or preparing one for criminal use is a serious threat to Londoners’ safety.”