Jailed: East Ham gun dealer who supplied weapon to 16-year-old boy
- Credit: Archant
A gun dealer from East Ham who supplied a weapon to a 16-year-old boy has been jailed following an undercover operation.
When officers raided the home Kenneth Lee, 47, shared with his elderly father in Bedford Road, they uncovered shotgun stocks, sawn off shotgun barrels, a wrap containing crack cocaine and materials used to reactivate the weapon.
The boy visited Lee’s home where he was given a sawn-off shotgun before the pair left the property together.
Lee was snared as part of a join operation by the Met’s Organised Crime Partnership (OCP) and the National Crime Agency (NCA) targeting dealers who supplied guns to criminal gangs in London.
Wood Green Crown Court heard he had already been banned from possessing a gun after a previous conviction for shotgun possession.
You may also want to watch:
He was jailed for six years for and also sentenced to a concurrent four-and-a-half year term for flouting his gun ban and a concurrent two months for drugs possession.
When the boy, who cannot be named for legal reasons, was arrested the gun and a knife was found in his rucksack.
- 1 Newham to start weekly recycling collections
- 2 Anonymous tip off could hold key to murder of Sami Sidhom three years later
- 3 Operose: Addressing 'understandable' concerns over GP takeover
- 4 Town hall chiefs back £3m purchase of Plaistow property for rough sleeper centre
- 5 Police officer jailed for GBH after injuring man in Forest Gate
- 6 Body found in search for missing Newham man
- 7 Housing campaigners to stage protest in Canning Town over empty homes
- 8 Newcastle's late Willock winner hits West Ham hopes
- 9 Jailed: Newham men who raped and robbed women in Hackney home
- 10 Santino Dymiter murder: Teens given life terms for 'savage' gang killing
He was sentenced to eight months in a youth detention centre.
Clare Meehan, operations manager at the OCP, said: “A sawn-off shotgun is a seriously nasty weapon capable of inflicting devastating damage on targets and bystanders.
“Anyone carrying or smuggling a gun or preparing one for criminal use is a serious threat to Londoners’ safety.”