Jailed: Canning Town thug who stabbed ex-girlfriend’s new partner in the head
- Credit: Archant
A violent thug from Canning Town who stabbed his ex-girlfriend’s new partner in the head has been jailed for eight years.
Nathan Gunes, 38, of Cambus Road, followed his ex-partner and her new boyfriend as they walked along Ingal Road before carrying out the stabbing after a brief confrontation.
The 28-year-old victim suffered a fracture in his skull but his injuries were not life-threatening following the attack on October 20 last year.
Gunes was arrested and charged with grievous bodily harm hours later.
Last week at Snaresbrook Crown Court he was convicted and jailed.
You may also want to watch:
PC Meltem Duymus, from Newham’s Community Support Unit, said: “Justice has most definitely been served for the victim who sustained a brutal head injury for no reason of his own.
“This is a great outcome for the Community Support Unit in Newham who are committed to taking violent thugs, such as Gunes, off the boroughs streets.”
- 1 The Boleyn Tavern in East Ham to welcome back punters after £1.5m restoration
- 2 Arrests in Ilford and East Ham as police target suspected county lines gang
- 3 11 films and TV shows shot in Newham
- 4 Looking back: five years since West Ham United left the Boleyn
- 5 Dagenham & Redbridge interested in former Leyton Orient full-back Sam Ling
- 6 Exploding aerosol cans 'contributed to rapid spread' of Silvertown blaze
- 7 US burger chain Wendy's set to open first London restaurant in Stratford
- 8 Primary school recognised for supporting pupils' mental wellbeing
- 9 Richard House Children's Hospice sensory garden equipment stolen
- 10 London Stadium to host mass Covid-19 jabs event for north east Londoners