Jailed: Canning Town thug who stabbed ex-girlfriend’s new partner in the head
- Credit: Archant
A violent thug from Canning Town who stabbed his ex-girlfriend’s new partner in the head has been jailed for eight years.
Nathan Gunes, 38, of Cambus Road, followed his ex-partner and her new boyfriend as they walked along Ingal Road before carrying out the stabbing after a brief confrontation.
The 28-year-old victim suffered a fracture in his skull but his injuries were not life-threatening following the attack on October 20 last year.
Gunes was arrested and charged with grievous bodily harm hours later.
Last week at Snaresbrook Crown Court he was convicted and jailed.
You may also want to watch:
PC Meltem Duymus, from Newham’s Community Support Unit, said: “Justice has most definitely been served for the victim who sustained a brutal head injury for no reason of his own.
“This is a great outcome for the Community Support Unit in Newham who are committed to taking violent thugs, such as Gunes, off the boroughs streets.”
- 1 Changes to controversial Newham parking scheme announced
- 2 'It must be urgently addressed': New research into BAME Covid impact
- 3 Violent gang stuff sock in elderly woman's mouth and steal her jewellery
- 4 Leyton Orient boss Embleton could rotate team for Bolton trip
- 5 Artist plans window exhibition to put Newham's artistic talent on the map
- 6 'Clearly insufficient' - Canning Town teacher in charge of foodbank talks free school meal hampers
- 7 Police appeal for help after woman raped in Beckton
- 8 West Ham forward Alisha Lehmann joins Everton on loan
- 9 This is what we want to show everyone says Hammers star Tomas Soucek
- 10 £10.1m grant strategy approved to support businesses as pandemic continues