Jailed: Canning Town thug who stabbed ex-girlfriend’s new partner in the head
- Credit: Archant
A violent thug from Canning Town who stabbed his ex-girlfriend’s new partner in the head has been jailed for eight years.
Nathan Gunes, 38, of Cambus Road, followed his ex-partner and her new boyfriend as they walked along Ingal Road before carrying out the stabbing after a brief confrontation.
The 28-year-old victim suffered a fracture in his skull but his injuries were not life-threatening following the attack on October 20 last year.
Gunes was arrested and charged with grievous bodily harm hours later.
Last week at Snaresbrook Crown Court he was convicted and jailed.
You may also want to watch:
PC Meltem Duymus, from Newham’s Community Support Unit, said: “Justice has most definitely been served for the victim who sustained a brutal head injury for no reason of his own.
“This is a great outcome for the Community Support Unit in Newham who are committed to taking violent thugs, such as Gunes, off the boroughs streets.”
- 1 Stephen Fry: Canning Town man to face court charged with murder
- 2 Man killed and two injured in triple shooting
- 3 New primary school in Stratford welcomes first reception class
- 4 'That is what this club is about' as Mark Noble wants to find West Ham fan
- 5 Police appeal to bystanders in alleged rape case
- 6 New Covid vaccine centres to open across east London
- 7 Steven Fry stabbing: Custom House victim named in murder investigation
- 8 Indian restaurants to try in Newham, as recommended by readers
- 9 Things to do: Explore east London this weekend
- 10 Kacem Mokrane: Newham man amongst seven charged with 2017 murder