Jail warning for Newham rapists of clubbers
A Romanian and an Algerian immigrant are facing jail after they admitted raping two female clubbers they targeted leaving the same bar in the space of six days.
The first attack took place in the early hours of April 8, 2010, when Sergiu-Marinel Horvath, 23, lured a woman he met outside the Zoo Bar in Leicester Square back to an address in Ilford, where he and an unknown man raped her.
The second attack, involving both accused, happened just six days later.
Horvath was captured on CCTV following the then 19-year-old as she left Zoo Bar with a friend before the two women parted company
The Romanian then tailed her towards Oxford Street before he pounced and dragged her into Falconberg Mews. He was joined later by Fethi Hammadi, 29, who raped the woman before Horvath attempted to rape her along with “others unknown”.
You may also want to watch:
Southwark Crown Court heard that homeless Hammadi entered his guilty pleas on the basis his attack on the teenager was “opportunistic” and that he “does not and never has” known Horvath.
Remanding both men in custody Judge Michael Grieve said: “I’m sure you have been told that for these very serious offences there inevitably will be substantial custodial sentences.”
- 1 Fried chicken outlet to open at Westfield in Stratford
- 2 Forest Gate flats bid gets green light despite neighbours' objections
- 3 Leyton Orient still looking to add one or two new signings
- 4 More than 20 places in Newham hit by flooding, council says
- 5 Engineering student wins place at Princeton University
- 6 Clean-up underway after flash floods hit Newham
- 7 A look back at floods which have devastated east London since 2016
- 8 Meet the Forest Gate pastor supporting athletes at Tokyo Olympics 2020
- 9 Kitchens from independent chefs coming to Beckton in Raymond Blanc-supported project
- 10 The secondary schools in Newham rated outstanding by Ofsted
Horvath, of Bristol Road, Forest Gate, admitted one count of rape and one count of attempted rape. Hammadi admitted one count of rape.