Jail for East Ham man who groomed ‘vulnerable’ teen for sex
- Credit: MPS
A man who admitted to grooming an underage girl, who was found in his flat by police, has been jailed for 16 months.
Frank Faulkner, 23, struck up an online friendship with the girl – who cannot be named for legal reasons – despite her telling him she was only 14 at the time.
Snaresbrook Crown Court heard how the pair would keep in touch via text. When she was reported missing earlier this year police become involved,
She was found at Faulkner’s flat in Grosvenor Road, East Ham, and taken home. Police later arrested Faulkner on suspicion of sexual activity with a child.
Det Con Jon Knox said: “Faulkner abused a friendship with a vulnerable young girl. Despite knowing her age, he continued to meet with her and invited her into his home.
You may also want to watch:
“No girl should have to go through this abuse of trust.”
Faulkner was charged in May and pleaded guilty to the offence last month. On Friday, he was handed a three year sexual harm prevention order in addition to his jail term.
- 1 Vandal targets St Antony statue outside church in Forest Gate
- 2 Ex-police officer among group jailed for £850k intercept from rival gangs
- 3 Rumours over empty Stratford estate homes quashed in meeting
- 4 Architects awarded £300K contract for Stratford Station makeover
- 5 'Petrified' cat reunited with kittens after 'pursuit' in Canning Town
- 6 Family of man who died after attack in Canning Town pays tribute to a 'loving, generous' father
- 7 Kenny Jackett emerges as odds-on favourite for Leyton Orient job
- 8 Blaze under control at block of flats being built in Canning Town
- 9 Flights from London City Airport to Switzerland resume as hub readies for return to international travel
- 10 Newham saw no deaths from Covid-19 at the end of April, figures show
Det Con Knox added: “This case highlights the importance of engaging with children and knowing who they are contacting online.
“We remain dedicated to tracking down those individuals who target children.”