Jail for callous ‘dealer’ who turned woman into human fireball in Forest Gate attack
- Credit: Archant
A “drug-dealer” who turned a woman into a walking inferno after she refused to sleep with him was today jailed for 16 years.
Mohammed Kosar, 28, forced Dovile Krivickaite into an alley in Rosedale Road, Forest Gate, before dousing her with petrol, setting her ablaze with a lighter and walking away.
His victim was turned into a towering ten-foot fireball which could be seen from neighbouring houses. Rescuers poured water over screaming Ms Krivickaite and called the emergency services.
She was so badly burnt following the attack on October 19 last year that the skin was falling off her body, the Old Bailey heard. She spent six weeks in hospital and had to be incubated to help her breathe.
Ms Krivickaite has since had to undergo several graft operations after suffering 24 percent burns to her face, body and arms which will require treatment for the rest of her life.
She told the court her life had “changed forever” and that her scarring meant she was seen as a charity case among her friends.
Kosar, of Abbey Road, West Ham, was convicted of attempted murder, one count of possession of a firearm, one of intent to endanger life, four of ammunition possession and three of possession of class A drugs.
- 1 Man held in murder probe after woman fatally stabbed in Custom House
- 2 'Unexplained': Man dies after being found unresponsive in Plashet Park
- 3 Queen’s Platinum Jubilee: Street parties and road closures in Newham
- 4 Dagenham and West Ham accused in court after drugs raids
- 5 Thunderstorms to hit London this evening warns Met Office
- 6 Wanted: Five people Newham police wish to speak to
- 7 Schools and staff across east London up for national awards
- 8 Man allegedly commits GBH after robbing bottles of champagne from Tesco
- 9 'Suspicious' Forest Gate construction fire under investigation
- 10 Teenager from Newham found safe and well
Police said Kosar was a “drug-dealer” and on arrest recovered heroin and crack cocaine from his home. Kosar also admitted he had a cocked 9mm PAK blank pistol stuffed down his pants.
Sentencing him to life imprisonment, with a minimum sentence of 16 years, Judge Rebecca Poulet QC said: “You showed no regrets or change of heart when faced with the horrific consequences of your actions.
“This appalling attack was premeditated and in my opinion you intended to kill.”
Lead investigator Det Insp John Reynolds said: “Kosar is a dangerous individual who callously poured petrol over the female and set her on fire.
“She has suffered terribly as a result and I must pay tribute to her bravery in giving evidence against her attacker. I hope that his conviction will give her some closure.”