Victim named in Forest Gate stabbing
- Credit: MPS
Detectives have named Ismaila Ceesay as the victim of a fatal Forest Gate stabbing in May.
The 33-year-old was attacked in the early hours of Tuesday, May 28, on Warwick Street after a fight reportedly broke out.
Mr Ceesay was taken to hospital, but later died. A post-mortem found a stab wound to the abdomen as the cause of death.
Three people have been arrested on suspicion of murder so far.
A 46-year-old man was arrested on the day of the attack and has been released on bail to a date in mid-June.
You may also want to watch:
The next day, a 20-year-old woman was also arrested. Another 24-year-old man was arrested on June 1. Both have been bailed until late June.
The investigation is still underway and detectives have asked for witnesses or anyone with information to call 101 quoting CAD427/28May or tweet @MetCC. Crimestoppers can be contacted anonymously on 0800 555 111.
- 1 Police officer jailed for GBH after injuring man in Forest Gate
- 2 Body found in search for missing Newham man
- 3 Election candidate slams plans for Durning Hall in Forest Gate
- 4 Newham schoolchildren enjoy holiday activities as part of programme pilot
- 5 Newham pubs and bars reopening for outdoor service
- 6 Hundreds of customers descend on reopened retailers
- 7 Tributes to 'hero' charity founder who dedicated life to Newham children
- 8 Jailed: Newham men who raped and robbed women in Hackney home
- 9 Newham men who bought BMW M5 in £112,000 fraud sentenced
- 10 Stratford was busiest station on TfL network last year, data reveals