Victim named in Forest Gate stabbing
- Credit: MPS
Detectives have named Ismaila Ceesay as the victim of a fatal Forest Gate stabbing in May.
The 33-year-old was attacked in the early hours of Tuesday, May 28, on Warwick Street after a fight reportedly broke out.
Mr Ceesay was taken to hospital, but later died. A post-mortem found a stab wound to the abdomen as the cause of death.
Three people have been arrested on suspicion of murder so far.
A 46-year-old man was arrested on the day of the attack and has been released on bail to a date in mid-June.
You may also want to watch:
The next day, a 20-year-old woman was also arrested. Another 24-year-old man was arrested on June 1. Both have been bailed until late June.
The investigation is still underway and detectives have asked for witnesses or anyone with information to call 101 quoting CAD427/28May or tweet @MetCC. Crimestoppers can be contacted anonymously on 0800 555 111.
- 1 Roof destroyed by fire in Upton Park
- 2 Jailed: 'Violent' Beckton man who threatened to chop off ex-partner's head
- 3 Guilty: Who was jailed across east London in July?
- 4 Midfielder Ouss Cisse confirms Leyton Orient departure
- 5 Tyrese Omotoye impresses on O's trial as Ouss Cisse looks set to depart
- 6 Next court date for drink driving accused after Beckton collision
- 7 'It's about safety': Manor Park neighbours urge council to crack down on pavement parking
- 8 Moyes: It was a good, tough test for West Ham at Brentford
- 9 New developments given the green light in Newham so far this year
- 10 Forest Gate flats bid gets green light despite neighbours' objections