Victim named in Forest Gate stabbing
- Credit: MPS
Detectives have named Ismaila Ceesay as the victim of a fatal Forest Gate stabbing in May.
The 33-year-old was attacked in the early hours of Tuesday, May 28, on Warwick Street after a fight reportedly broke out.
Mr Ceesay was taken to hospital, but later died. A post-mortem found a stab wound to the abdomen as the cause of death.
Three people have been arrested on suspicion of murder so far.
A 46-year-old man was arrested on the day of the attack and has been released on bail to a date in mid-June.
You may also want to watch:
The next day, a 20-year-old woman was also arrested. Another 24-year-old man was arrested on June 1. Both have been bailed until late June.
The investigation is still underway and detectives have asked for witnesses or anyone with information to call 101 quoting CAD427/28May or tweet @MetCC. Crimestoppers can be contacted anonymously on 0800 555 111.
- 1 Changes to controversial Newham parking scheme announced
- 2 Violent gang stuff sock in elderly woman's mouth and steal her jewellery
- 3 Council rents offices to ambulance service to save money
- 4 Leyton Orient boss is expecting more transfer movement in the window
- 5 Police appeal for help after woman raped in Beckton
- 6 Covid vaccination hub opening in Westfield next week
- 7 Police release image after teenager stabbed in Forest Gate robbery
- 8 Arrests after girl, 16, falls onto tracks at King George V DLR
- 9 Double murder accused remanded in custody over ‘brutal’ stabbings
- 10 Stratford councillor who slammed Boris's bike ride cycles 30 mile round trip across London