Investigation launched after police use Taser, baton and CS spray on girl
- Credit: Google Maps
The police watchdog has launched an investigation after a Taser, baton and CS spray were used to detain a teenage girl.
A complaint was made to the Metropolitan Police about the level of force used when the 17-year-old was detained in Roman Road, East Ham.
The Met then referred the matter to the Independent Office of Police Conduct (IOPC), who are now calling on witnesses to the arrest to come forward.
The IOPC's interim regional director for London Sal Naseem said: "Having reviewed the complaint and viewed body worn video footage of the incident we decided that this matter requires an independent investigation.
"It is important for everyone involved that we understand the circumstances surrounding this incident.
You may also want to watch:
"We will be speaking with the teenager and others who were with her at the time but we would ask that anyone else who may have information that would assist with our enquiries make contact with our investigators."
Anyone who saw the incident, which took place at around 7.20pm on Wednesday, May 8, is asked to email firstname.lastname@example.org or call the incident room on 0800 029 4692.
- 1 Tributes to 'hero' charity founder who dedicated life to Newham children
- 2 Former boxer compared feet with Prince Philip during visit to club
- 3 Jailed: Newham men who raped and robbed women in Hackney home
- 4 Santino Dymiter murder: Teens given life terms for 'savage' gang killing
- 5 Officers donate Easter eggs to hospitals
- 6 Leyton Orient boss McAnuff full of praise for Cheltenham Town after loss
- 7 Mural sparks criticism after 'crime and murders' describe North Woolwich
- 8 Newham men who bought BMW M5 in £112,000 fraud sentenced
- 9 David Moyes salutes loyal Mark Noble ahead of his 400th West Ham match
- 10 Plaistow man denies murdering two men in Goodmayes