Investigation launched into Manor Park sexual assault allegation
- Credit: PA Wire/Press Association Images
A person was allegedly sexually assaulted in Manor Park over the weekend.
Officers from the Met’s Sexual Offences Exploitation & Child Abuse Command were called to Rabbits Road on Saturday evening following a complaint of sexual assault.
Police closed off Rabbits Road as part of the investigation yesterday. The road has since reopened.
A Met spokesman said: “Officers from the Met’s Sexual Offences Exploitation & Child Abuse Command are investigating an allegation of sexual assault which took place on the evening of Saturday 16 May near Rabbits Road.
“Both parties are known to each other and have been spoken to by police.”
You may also want to watch:
- 1 Police appeal for help after woman raped in Beckton
- 2 Footage shows crowd piling onto train at Canning Town station
- 3 Newham's Covid-19 case rate 'huge' but there is 'light at end of the tunnel'
- 4 Forest Gate man, 21, charged with dangerous and drug driving
- 5 Double murder accused remanded in custody over ‘brutal’ stabbings
- 6 Dangerous driver arrested after police find drugs and £28k cash
- 7 Leyton Orient boss Embleton expecting more movement in the transfer window
- 8 Leyton Orient boss Embleton finally gets his man in Dan Kemp
- 9 Double murder charge over stabbings, as police name victims
- 10 Barts apologises to family after death of Stratford woman