Investigation launched into Manor Park sexual assault allegation
- Credit: PA Wire/Press Association Images
A person was allegedly sexually assaulted in Manor Park over the weekend.
Officers from the Met’s Sexual Offences Exploitation & Child Abuse Command were called to Rabbits Road on Saturday evening following a complaint of sexual assault.
Police closed off Rabbits Road as part of the investigation yesterday. The road has since reopened.
A Met spokesman said: “Officers from the Met’s Sexual Offences Exploitation & Child Abuse Command are investigating an allegation of sexual assault which took place on the evening of Saturday 16 May near Rabbits Road.
“Both parties are known to each other and have been spoken to by police.”
You may also want to watch:
- 1 Second jabs hub opening at Westfield as ExCeL London vaccination centre soon to close
- 2 Newham foster carers on 'most rewarding and uplifting experience'
- 3 Ex-student who got MIT scholarship sets up tutor business to help others
- 4 Feminism, corner shops and bricks: Here's what's happening in Newham Heritage Month
- 5 'Council houses now': Protesters stage action over empty homes
- 6 Call The Midwife stars meet Bonny Downs staff and families
- 7 Website helps disadvantaged youth understand job roles to raise aspirations
- 8 Anonymous tip off could hold key to murder of Sami Sidhom three years later
- 9 Newham to start weekly recycling collections
- 10 WSL: West Ham 0 Aston Villa 0