Investigation launched into Manor Park sexual assault allegation
- Credit: PA Wire/Press Association Images
A person was allegedly sexually assaulted in Manor Park over the weekend.
Officers from the Met’s Sexual Offences Exploitation & Child Abuse Command were called to Rabbits Road on Saturday evening following a complaint of sexual assault.
Police closed off Rabbits Road as part of the investigation yesterday. The road has since reopened.
A Met spokesman said: “Officers from the Met’s Sexual Offences Exploitation & Child Abuse Command are investigating an allegation of sexual assault which took place on the evening of Saturday 16 May near Rabbits Road.
“Both parties are known to each other and have been spoken to by police.”
You may also want to watch:
- 1 Steven Fry: Canning Town man to face court charged with murder
- 2 Police name Newham man fatally shot in Haringey
- 3 Newham town halls to be lit up in tribute to Sabina Nessa
- 4 US fried chicken chain Popeyes to open first UK outlet in Stratford
- 5 First apartments to go on sale at 769-home development in Royal Docks
- 6 Man killed and two injured in triple shooting
- 7 Sadiq Khan warns of flood threat in east London from climate emergency
- 8 New primary school in Stratford welcomes first reception class
- 9 Things to do: Explore east London this weekend
- 10 Campaigners fear Newham City Farm site will become 'another green space'