Man stabbed to death in Forest Gate
- Credit: Luke Acton
A man has died after being stabbed in Forest Gate.
Police were called to reports of a fight in the early hours of this morning (Tuesday) on Warwick Road.
The man, in his 30s, was taken to hospital by paramedics, but later died.
Officers are working to inform his family and a formal identification has not yet taken place.
A neighbour who didn't want to be named said that she heard a mixture of male and female voices arguing in the early hours.
You may also want to watch:
Of the stabbing happening close to her home, she said: "It's just a bit scary."
Another neighbour, who has lived in the adjacent Romford Road for two years, said: "I don't feel very safe, to be honest. "I feel like I have to move to another area, because, here, it's not safe."
- 1 Jailed: Drug dealer who crashed into cab leaving passengers critically injured
- 2 Detectives release images after robbery in East Ham
- 3 'Severe maladministration' by Newham Council in housing complaint handling
- 4 Jailed: Manor Park man guilty of drug offences, but not machete murder
- 5 Man in hospital after fire at disused Forest Gate church
- 6 Blades, £25k and Class A drugs seized by police after car stop in Plaistow
- 7 £3m centre to reduce young adult reoffending to be set up in Stratford
- 8 Police investigate burglary and injury at 'cannabis' house
- 9 World Book Day: Notorious football fan 'Mr West Ham' sets record straight
- 10 Leyton Orient boss McAnuff feels he knows already what makes the squad tick
She added that she often hears shouting during the night but that it was louder than usual.
No arrests have been made and a post-mortem is pending.
The Homicide and Major Crime Command have been informed and enquiries continue.
Anyone with information is asked to contact police on 101 quoting CAD427/28May. Information can also be passed to Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.