Man stabbed to death in Forest Gate
- Credit: Luke Acton
A man has died after being stabbed in Forest Gate.
Police were called to reports of a fight in the early hours of this morning (Tuesday) on Warwick Road.
The man, in his 30s, was taken to hospital by paramedics, but later died.
Officers are working to inform his family and a formal identification has not yet taken place.
A neighbour who didn't want to be named said that she heard a mixture of male and female voices arguing in the early hours.
You may also want to watch:
Of the stabbing happening close to her home, she said: "It's just a bit scary."
Another neighbour, who has lived in the adjacent Romford Road for two years, said: "I don't feel very safe, to be honest. "I feel like I have to move to another area, because, here, it's not safe."
- 1 The Boleyn Tavern in East Ham to welcome back punters after £1.5m restoration
- 2 Arrests in Ilford and East Ham as police target suspected county lines gang
- 3 11 films and TV shows shot in Newham
- 4 Dagenham & Redbridge interested in former Leyton Orient full-back Sam Ling
- 5 Looking back: five years since West Ham United left the Boleyn
- 6 Exploding aerosol cans 'contributed to rapid spread' of Silvertown blaze
- 7 US burger chain Wendy's set to open first London restaurant in Stratford
- 8 Primary school recognised for supporting pupils' mental wellbeing
- 9 Richard House Children's Hospice sensory garden equipment stolen
- 10 Plaistow woman shaves her head for charities
She added that she often hears shouting during the night but that it was louder than usual.
No arrests have been made and a post-mortem is pending.
The Homicide and Major Crime Command have been informed and enquiries continue.
Anyone with information is asked to contact police on 101 quoting CAD427/28May. Information can also be passed to Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.