Man stabbed to death in Forest Gate
- Credit: Luke Acton
A man has died after being stabbed in Forest Gate.
Police were called to reports of a fight in the early hours of this morning (Tuesday) on Warwick Road.
The man, in his 30s, was taken to hospital by paramedics, but later died.
Officers are working to inform his family and a formal identification has not yet taken place.
A neighbour who didn't want to be named said that she heard a mixture of male and female voices arguing in the early hours.
You may also want to watch:
Of the stabbing happening close to her home, she said: "It's just a bit scary."
Another neighbour, who has lived in the adjacent Romford Road for two years, said: "I don't feel very safe, to be honest. "I feel like I have to move to another area, because, here, it's not safe."
- 1 Stephen Fry: Canning Town man to face court charged with murder
- 2 Man killed and two injured in triple shooting
- 3 New primary school in Stratford welcomes first reception class
- 4 'That is what this club is about' as Mark Noble wants to find West Ham fan
- 5 Police appeal to bystanders in alleged rape case
- 6 Indian restaurants to try in Newham, as recommended by readers
- 7 New Covid vaccine centres to open across east London
- 8 Steven Fry stabbing: Custom House victim named in murder investigation
- 9 Kacem Mokrane: Newham man amongst seven charged with 2017 murder
- 10 Secondary claims to be 'billion-pound school' based on earnings research
She added that she often hears shouting during the night but that it was louder than usual.
No arrests have been made and a post-mortem is pending.
The Homicide and Major Crime Command have been informed and enquiries continue.
Anyone with information is asked to contact police on 101 quoting CAD427/28May. Information can also be passed to Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.