Imam sexually abused two young girls in Newham
- Credit: Metropolitan Police
An Imam has been found guilty of sexually abusing two young girls in Newham.
Hafiz Azizur Rehman Pirzada, 76, from Northolt, west London, was convicted of 10 sexual abuse offences at Snaresbrook Crown Court yesterday.
The court heard the historical abuse took place at an address in the borough and he was arrested in July 2016 after his victims reported him to the police.
He was bailed and subsequently charged on March this year with eight counts of sexual assault with a female under 13, and two counts of causing a child to engage in sexual activity.
Detective Sergeant Tony Killeen from the child abuse and sexual offences team said: “This is a case stemming back years, but despite the length of time since the incidents Pirzada has been convicted of his crimes.
You may also want to watch:
“The victims have shown a great degree of courage, persistence and determination in securing the conviction, having persevered with the allegation and supporting the police investigation.”
He will be sentenced on November 19.
- 1 Police appeal for help after woman raped in Beckton
- 2 Footage shows crowd piling onto train at Canning Town station
- 3 Forest Gate man, 21, charged with dangerous and drug driving
- 4 NHS Nightingale London opens to patients without Covid-19
- 5 Newham's Covid-19 case rate 'huge' but there is 'light at end of the tunnel'
- 6 NHS 'concerned' about Covid vaccine uptake in Newham
- 7 Volunteers out to bust Covid jab myths and false conspiracy theories
- 8 Dangerous driver arrested after police find drugs and £28k cash
- 9 Double murder accused remanded in custody over ‘brutal’ stabbings
- 10 Serial fraudster who set up fake real estate company jailed for six years