Man sought by police about burglary at primary school in Plaistow
- Credit: met police
Detectives investigating a burglary at a school have issued CCTV footage of a man they wish to identify in connection with the incident.
Police were called to Southern Road Primary School, Eastern Road, Plaistow on Thursday March 24 at about 2.10am after a security guard reported the burglary.
The crime was reported to have occurred around 15 minutes earlier.
CCTV outside the school caught the moment the suspect picked up a brick then threw it at the lower half of the door to smash the glass and break in.
Minutes later the suspect was seen by a security guard jumping over the fence into Southern Road.
You may also want to watch:
Various cupboards and trolleys were opened and it was discovered that three laptops had been stolen.
The suspect is described as a man wearing a dark hooded jacket with his hood up.
- 1 Changes to controversial Newham parking scheme announced
- 2 'It must be urgently addressed': New research into BAME Covid impact
- 3 Violent gang stuff sock in elderly woman's mouth and steal her jewellery
- 4 Leyton Orient boss Embleton could rotate team for Bolton trip
- 5 Artist plans window exhibition to put Newham's artistic talent on the map
- 6 Police appeal for help after woman raped in Beckton
- 7 West Ham forward Alisha Lehmann joins Everton on loan
- 8 'Clearly insufficient' - Canning Town teacher in charge of foodbank talks free school meal hampers
- 9 This is what we want to show everyone says Hammers star Tomas Soucek
- 10 £10.1m grant strategy approved to support businesses as pandemic continues
Police are appealing for information from anyone who may recognise the man shown on CCTV or who can assist with the investigation.
Anyone with any information can call police on 101, quoting reference number 213724, or Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.
No arrests have been made and enquiries continue.