Man sought by police about burglary at primary school in Plaistow
- Credit: met police
Detectives investigating a burglary at a school have issued CCTV footage of a man they wish to identify in connection with the incident.
Police were called to Southern Road Primary School, Eastern Road, Plaistow on Thursday March 24 at about 2.10am after a security guard reported the burglary.
The crime was reported to have occurred around 15 minutes earlier.
CCTV outside the school caught the moment the suspect picked up a brick then threw it at the lower half of the door to smash the glass and break in.
Minutes later the suspect was seen by a security guard jumping over the fence into Southern Road.
You may also want to watch:
Various cupboards and trolleys were opened and it was discovered that three laptops had been stolen.
The suspect is described as a man wearing a dark hooded jacket with his hood up.
- 1 Tributes to 'hero' charity founder who dedicated life to Newham children
- 2 There's huge belief in the team insists West Ham loanee Jesse Lingard
- 3 Player ratings: Lingard and Bowen guide Hammers back into the top four
- 4 Jailed: Newham men who raped and robbed women in Hackney home
- 5 West Ham boss Moyes hailed players in Leicester City victory
- 6 Elections, Ron Dyer, Islamophobia and Covid
- 7 Former boxer compared feet with Prince Philip during visit to club
- 8 Santino Dymiter murder: Teens given life terms for 'savage' gang killing
- 9 Newham men who bought BMW M5 in £112,000 fraud sentenced
- 10 Stratford was busiest station on TfL network last year, data reveals
Police are appealing for information from anyone who may recognise the man shown on CCTV or who can assist with the investigation.
Anyone with any information can call police on 101, quoting reference number 213724, or Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.
No arrests have been made and enquiries continue.