Man sought by police about burglary at primary school in Plaistow
- Credit: met police
Detectives investigating a burglary at a school have issued CCTV footage of a man they wish to identify in connection with the incident.
Police were called to Southern Road Primary School, Eastern Road, Plaistow on Thursday March 24 at about 2.10am after a security guard reported the burglary.
The crime was reported to have occurred around 15 minutes earlier.
CCTV outside the school caught the moment the suspect picked up a brick then threw it at the lower half of the door to smash the glass and break in.
Minutes later the suspect was seen by a security guard jumping over the fence into Southern Road.
You may also want to watch:
Various cupboards and trolleys were opened and it was discovered that three laptops had been stolen.
The suspect is described as a man wearing a dark hooded jacket with his hood up.
- 1 Flooding causes road and rail disruption across east London
- 2 Canning Town bus station stays closed as 'urgent' investigation underway
- 3 The secondary schools in Newham rated outstanding by Ofsted
- 4 Clean-up underway after flash floods hit Newham
- 5 Appeal after man allegedly 'spits at' woman travelling through Whitechapel, West Ham and Barking
- 6 High Court judge rules no further action needed over embargo breach by Newham company boss
- 7 Carpenters Estate neighbours to vote on redevelopment plans
- 8 Weather warning in place with east London set for thundery weekend
- 9 Brilliant moment for Okoflex as he nets in West Ham's win at Celtic
- 10 Man suffers 'life-changing' injuries in Plaistow bicycle crash
Police are appealing for information from anyone who may recognise the man shown on CCTV or who can assist with the investigation.
Anyone with any information can call police on 101, quoting reference number 213724, or Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.
No arrests have been made and enquiries continue.