Man sought by police about burglary at primary school in Plaistow
- Credit: met police
Detectives investigating a burglary at a school have issued CCTV footage of a man they wish to identify in connection with the incident.
Police were called to Southern Road Primary School, Eastern Road, Plaistow on Thursday March 24 at about 2.10am after a security guard reported the burglary.
The crime was reported to have occurred around 15 minutes earlier.
CCTV outside the school caught the moment the suspect picked up a brick then threw it at the lower half of the door to smash the glass and break in.
Minutes later the suspect was seen by a security guard jumping over the fence into Southern Road.
Various cupboards and trolleys were opened and it was discovered that three laptops had been stolen.
The suspect is described as a man wearing a dark hooded jacket with his hood up.
- 1 Jailed: Teen who inflicted life-changing injuries as he squirted acid in boy's face
- 2 Leyton Orient boss Jackett hoping to strengthen squad
- 3 New documentary on murders of women whose bodies were hidden in freezer
- 4 Revealed: Hackney, Islington and Newham are boroughs with most LTNs
- 5 Newham man among UK's 'most wanted fugitives' who may be hiding in Spain
- 6 Travel disruptions: Hackney, Islington, Tower Hamlets, Newham
- 7 New boy Brown 'buzzing' to help Leyton Orient
- 8 Overnight blaze at North Woolwich block of flats
- 9 Man remains in critical condition after Stratford Station attack
- 10 'Time to end the injustice': Barts staff set to strike amid pay dispute
Police are appealing for information from anyone who may recognise the man shown on CCTV or who can assist with the investigation.
Anyone with any information can call police on 101, quoting reference number 213724, or Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.
No arrests have been made and enquiries continue.