Man sought by police about burglary at primary school in Plaistow
- Credit: met police
Detectives investigating a burglary at a school have issued CCTV footage of a man they wish to identify in connection with the incident.
Police were called to Southern Road Primary School, Eastern Road, Plaistow on Thursday March 24 at about 2.10am after a security guard reported the burglary.
The crime was reported to have occurred around 15 minutes earlier.
CCTV outside the school caught the moment the suspect picked up a brick then threw it at the lower half of the door to smash the glass and break in.
Minutes later the suspect was seen by a security guard jumping over the fence into Southern Road.
You may also want to watch:
Various cupboards and trolleys were opened and it was discovered that three laptops had been stolen.
The suspect is described as a man wearing a dark hooded jacket with his hood up.
- 1 Halal butcher's aiming to be 'Harrods of meat industry' opens in Stratford
- 2 Parking space row sees police called and woman left feeling 'vulnerable'
- 3 Car abandoned after triple shooting and stabbing at Forest Gate barber
- 4 'Simply horrifying': Newham MPs react after stabbing of Sir David Amess
- 5 Forest Gate townhouses scoop RIBA's Neave Brown award for 'affordable' housing
- 6 Family given 'gift' of week to say goodbye to son who died at 10 minutes old
- 7 14 charged with alleged drug dealing and money laundering offences
- 8 Plan to transform Royal Docks into 'world-leading' cultural hub unveiled
- 9 Beckton man due to be sentenced for sexual assault of young girl
- 10 'Hi-tech AI' butcher's shop opening in Stratford
Police are appealing for information from anyone who may recognise the man shown on CCTV or who can assist with the investigation.
Anyone with any information can call police on 101, quoting reference number 213724, or Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.
No arrests have been made and enquiries continue.