Man in his twenties shot in Maryland
- Credit: @RSalimane
A man in his twenties remains in hospital in a stable condition after being shot in a residential cul-de-sac near to Stratford.
Police were called to Tom Hood Close, off Maryland Street, at 11.04pm on Thursday, October 12 to reports of shots being fired.
They said the victim had already left the scene but they were informed by an east London hospital at 11.20pm that a man had arrived there with gunshot injuries.
He was classed as being in a critical condition but police said his injuries are no longer life threatening.
The shooting took place a three-minute walk away from Well Street, where 19-year-old RAF cadet Abdul Mayanja was fatally gunned down on August 25.
You may also want to watch:
No arrests have been made. Enquiries continue.
- 1 Roof destroyed by fire in Upton Park
- 2 Guilty: Who was jailed across east London in July?
- 3 Jailed: 'Violent' Beckton man who threatened to chop off ex-partner's head
- 4 Tyrese Omotoye impresses on O's trial as Ouss Cisse looks set to depart
- 5 New developments given the green light in Newham so far this year
- 6 Next court date for drink driving accused after Beckton collision
- 7 Moyes: It was a good, tough test for West Ham at Brentford
- 8 Forest Gate flats bid gets green light despite neighbours' objections
- 9 Lanzini enjoying deeper role for West Ham in pre-season
- 10 Steward admits lanyard theft ahead of Euro 2020 final