Man in his twenties shot in Maryland
- Credit: @RSalimane
A man in his twenties remains in hospital in a stable condition after being shot in a residential cul-de-sac near to Stratford.
Police were called to Tom Hood Close, off Maryland Street, at 11.04pm on Thursday, October 12 to reports of shots being fired.
They said the victim had already left the scene but they were informed by an east London hospital at 11.20pm that a man had arrived there with gunshot injuries.
He was classed as being in a critical condition but police said his injuries are no longer life threatening.
The shooting took place a three-minute walk away from Well Street, where 19-year-old RAF cadet Abdul Mayanja was fatally gunned down on August 25.
No arrests have been made. Enquiries continue.
- 1 Collision causes traffic delays on A13 near Canning Town
- 2 Westfield bar's licence under threat after girl raped
- 3 'Extremely violent' Forest Gate robbery filmed by onlookers
- 4 Multi-vehicle collision in Canning Town leads to one driver being cut free
- 5 Man masturbates on Central line train in front of two women
- 6 'We have been failed': Newham families face eviction by council
- 7 Man sentenced for illegal subletting of council home
- 8 Members of Mali Boys gang jailed for supplying Class A drugs into Essex
- 9 Chance of snow in London this weekend
- 10 Beckton man jailed for role in drugs gang after £2m cannabis plants seizure