Man in his twenties shot in Maryland
- Credit: @RSalimane
A man in his twenties remains in hospital in a stable condition after being shot in a residential cul-de-sac near to Stratford.
Police were called to Tom Hood Close, off Maryland Street, at 11.04pm on Thursday, October 12 to reports of shots being fired.
They said the victim had already left the scene but they were informed by an east London hospital at 11.20pm that a man had arrived there with gunshot injuries.
He was classed as being in a critical condition but police said his injuries are no longer life threatening.
The shooting took place a three-minute walk away from Well Street, where 19-year-old RAF cadet Abdul Mayanja was fatally gunned down on August 25.
You may also want to watch:
No arrests have been made. Enquiries continue.
- 1 Silvertown scrap yard blaze burns throughout night as crews remain on scene
- 2 Woman arrested in Custom House fatal stabbing and shooting investigation
- 3 Newham's governance referendum: the case for both options
- 4 Silvertown scrapyard blaze under control after crews battle for nine hours
- 5 Man hit by car in alleged Canning Town 'fight' dies from injuries
- 6 Teenagers killed in London in 2021 so far nears 2020 total
- 7 Appeal to help find missing girl who may be in Dagenham, Ilford or Stratford
- 8 Police name victim of Custom House fatal shooting and stabbing
- 9 Staff 'overjoyed' as nursery opens in Stratford
- 10 Meet the candidates battling for votes in East Ham's by-election