Man in his twenties shot in Maryland
- Credit: @RSalimane
A man in his twenties remains in hospital in a stable condition after being shot in a residential cul-de-sac near to Stratford.
Police were called to Tom Hood Close, off Maryland Street, at 11.04pm on Thursday, October 12 to reports of shots being fired.
They said the victim had already left the scene but they were informed by an east London hospital at 11.20pm that a man had arrived there with gunshot injuries.
He was classed as being in a critical condition but police said his injuries are no longer life threatening.
The shooting took place a three-minute walk away from Well Street, where 19-year-old RAF cadet Abdul Mayanja was fatally gunned down on August 25.
You may also want to watch:
No arrests have been made. Enquiries continue.
- 1 Traffic cameras installed to catch Newham drivers who ignore road signs
- 2 Man arrested after car smashes into house in Maryland
- 3 Man arrested in east London for terrorist offences
- 4 Parking charges, Covid, unneutered cats and driving into London
- 5 Foodbank offering lifeline to foreign students left destitute by pandemic
- 6 East Ham barber disappointed by Covid-19 lockdown easing roadmap
- 7 Plans for special needs hub at Little Ilford School given green light
- 8 Council loses court action against Barclays Bank
- 9 Person found dead on tracks at Plaistow Underground station
- 10 East Ham money laundering suspect arrested in people smuggling probe