Man arrested after Stratford hit-and-run leaves woman seriously injured
- Credit: Archant
A 22-year-old man has been arrested on suspicion of attempted murder after a hit-and-run crash left a woman seriously injured.
Paramedics treated the 22-year-old woman for “substantial injuries” after being called to Thornham Grove, Stratford, shortly after 3.30am on Saturday.
She was taken to an east London hospital by the London Ambulance Service, where she remains. Her injuries are not being treated as life threatening.
Officers found a vehicle nearby and are making enquiries into whether it was involved in the collision.
A 22-year-old man was arrested on suspicion of attempted murder and affray. He remains in custody at an east London police station.
You may also want to watch:
Detectives are appealing for witnesses to come forward. Anyone with information should call police on 101 or call Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.
- 1 Changes to controversial Newham parking scheme announced
- 2 Violent gang stuff sock in elderly woman's mouth and steal her jewellery
- 3 Council rents offices to ambulance service to save money
- 4 Police appeal for help after woman raped in Beckton
- 5 Leyton Orient boss is expecting more transfer movement in the window
- 6 Covid vaccination hub opening in Westfield next week
- 7 Police release image after teenager stabbed in Forest Gate robbery
- 8 Arrests after girl, 16, falls onto tracks at King George V DLR
- 9 Double murder accused remanded in custody over ‘brutal’ stabbings
- 10 We're not promising anything we can't deliver says West Ham boss David Moyes