Man arrested after Stratford hit-and-run leaves woman seriously injured
- Credit: Archant
A 22-year-old man has been arrested on suspicion of attempted murder after a hit-and-run crash left a woman seriously injured.
Paramedics treated the 22-year-old woman for “substantial injuries” after being called to Thornham Grove, Stratford, shortly after 3.30am on Saturday.
She was taken to an east London hospital by the London Ambulance Service, where she remains. Her injuries are not being treated as life threatening.
Officers found a vehicle nearby and are making enquiries into whether it was involved in the collision.
A 22-year-old man was arrested on suspicion of attempted murder and affray. He remains in custody at an east London police station.
You may also want to watch:
Detectives are appealing for witnesses to come forward. Anyone with information should call police on 101 or call Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.
- 1 Newham to start weekly recycling collections
- 2 Anonymous tip off could hold key to murder of Sami Sidhom three years later
- 3 Town hall chiefs back £3m purchase of Plaistow property for rough sleeper centre
- 4 Police officer jailed for GBH after injuring man in Forest Gate
- 5 Housing campaigners to stage protest in Canning Town over empty homes
- 6 Operose: Addressing 'understandable' concerns over GP takeover
- 7 Body found in search for missing Newham man
- 8 Arsenal's game in hand with West Ham set for April 28
- 9 Newcastle's late Willock winner hits West Ham hopes
- 10 Jailed: Newham men who raped and robbed women in Hackney home