Man arrested after Stratford hit-and-run leaves woman seriously injured
- Credit: Archant
A 22-year-old man has been arrested on suspicion of attempted murder after a hit-and-run crash left a woman seriously injured.
Paramedics treated the 22-year-old woman for “substantial injuries” after being called to Thornham Grove, Stratford, shortly after 3.30am on Saturday.
She was taken to an east London hospital by the London Ambulance Service, where she remains. Her injuries are not being treated as life threatening.
Officers found a vehicle nearby and are making enquiries into whether it was involved in the collision.
A 22-year-old man was arrested on suspicion of attempted murder and affray. He remains in custody at an east London police station.
You may also want to watch:
Detectives are appealing for witnesses to come forward. Anyone with information should call police on 101 or call Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.
- 1 Steven Fry: Canning Town man to face court charged with murder
- 2 Police name Newham man fatally shot in Haringey
- 3 Man killed and two injured in triple shooting
- 4 Newham town halls to be lit up in tribute to Sabina Nessa
- 5 US fried chicken chain Popeyes to open first UK outlet in Stratford
- 6 First apartments to go on sale at 769-home development in Royal Docks
- 7 New primary school in Stratford welcomes first reception class
- 8 Sadiq Khan warns of flood threat in east London from climate emergency
- 9 Things to do: Explore east London this weekend
- 10 Steven Fry stabbing: Custom House victim named in murder investigation