Murder investigation launched after man, 21, stabbed in North Woolwich
- Credit: Archant
A 21-year-old man was stabbed to death in North Woolwich last night.
At 8:10pm police and London Ambulance were called to reports of a stabbing in Pier Road, where they found a man who had suffered critical injuries.
After receiving first aid at the scene, the victim was then taken to an east London hospital where he was pronounced dead at 9:30pm.
Officers believe they know the identity of the man and next of kin have been informed, but he will not be named until a formal identification has taken place.
Local road closures are in place and police cordons are also affecting pedestrian footways in the Pier Road area.
You may also want to watch:
Anyone with information should call police on 101 or tweet @MetCC, or call Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111 or visit crimestoppers-uk.org.
- 1 Steven Fry: Canning Town man to face court charged with murder
- 2 Police name Newham man fatally shot in Haringey
- 3 Man killed and two injured in triple shooting
- 4 New primary school in Stratford welcomes first reception class
- 5 US fried chicken chain Popeyes to open first UK outlet in Stratford
- 6 Newham town halls to be lit up in tribute to Sabina Nessa
- 7 First apartments to go on sale at 769-home development in Royal Docks
- 8 Things to do: Explore east London this weekend
- 9 Sadiq Khan warns of flood threat in east London from climate emergency
- 10 Steven Fry stabbing: Custom House victim named in murder investigation