Murder investigation launched after man, 21, stabbed in North Woolwich
- Credit: Archant
A 21-year-old man was stabbed to death in North Woolwich last night.
At 8:10pm police and London Ambulance were called to reports of a stabbing in Pier Road, where they found a man who had suffered critical injuries.
After receiving first aid at the scene, the victim was then taken to an east London hospital where he was pronounced dead at 9:30pm.
Officers believe they know the identity of the man and next of kin have been informed, but he will not be named until a formal identification has taken place.
Local road closures are in place and police cordons are also affecting pedestrian footways in the Pier Road area.
You may also want to watch:
Anyone with information should call police on 101 or tweet @MetCC, or call Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111 or visit crimestoppers-uk.org.
- 1 Changes to controversial Newham parking scheme announced
- 2 'It must be urgently addressed': New research into BAME Covid impact
- 3 Violent gang stuff sock in elderly woman's mouth and steal her jewellery
- 4 Artist plans window exhibition to put Newham's artistic talent on the map
- 5 Leyton Orient boss Embleton could rotate team for Bolton trip
- 6 'Clearly insufficient' - Canning Town teacher in charge of foodbank talks free school meal hampers
- 7 West Ham boss Moyes believes they have plenty more to come after Palace victory
- 8 West Ham forward Alisha Lehmann joins Everton on loan
- 9 Police appeal for help after woman raped in Beckton
- 10 This is what we want to show everyone says Hammers star Tomas Soucek