Murder investigation launched after man, 21, stabbed in North Woolwich
- Credit: Archant
A 21-year-old man was stabbed to death in North Woolwich last night.
At 8:10pm police and London Ambulance were called to reports of a stabbing in Pier Road, where they found a man who had suffered critical injuries.
After receiving first aid at the scene, the victim was then taken to an east London hospital where he was pronounced dead at 9:30pm.
Officers believe they know the identity of the man and next of kin have been informed, but he will not be named until a formal identification has taken place.
Local road closures are in place and police cordons are also affecting pedestrian footways in the Pier Road area.
You may also want to watch:
Anyone with information should call police on 101 or tweet @MetCC, or call Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111 or visit crimestoppers-uk.org.
- 1 Town hall chiefs back £3m purchase of Plaistow property for rough sleeper centre
- 2 Anonymous tip off could hold key to murder of Sami Sidhom three years later
- 3 Housing campaigners to stage protest in Canning Town over empty homes
- 4 Body found in search for missing Newham man
- 5 Police officer jailed for GBH after injuring man in Forest Gate
- 6 Newham to start weekly recycling collections
- 7 Silvertown, North Woolwich heritage project offers opportunity to history buff
- 8 Stratford was busiest station on TfL network last year, data reveals
- 9 Tributes to 'hero' charity founder who dedicated life to Newham children
- 10 Jailed: Newham men who raped and robbed women in Hackney home