Beniamin Pieknyi killing: Three more arrests over Stratford Centre stabbing
- Credit: Met Police
Police investigating the fatal stabbing of 21-year-old Beniamin Pieknyi in Stratford Centre have made three further arrests.
Three men – two aged 18 and one 19 – were arrested on suspicion of Beniamin’s murder yesterday.
All three remain in custody at a south London police station.
Detectives on Sunday charged Vladyslav Yakymchuck, a 22-year-old Ukranian, with the murder in the shopping centre in The Broadway and also three robberies, a theft and possessing a bladed article.
Yakymchuck, who has no fixed address, has been remanded in custody to appear at Thames Magistrates Court on a date to be confirmed.
You may also want to watch:
Beniamin, from Milton Keynes, was found suffering from stab wounds after police were called to the centre at 9.30pm on last Tuesday.
He was pronounced dead at the scene an hour later, despite the best efforts of London Ambulance Service medics.
- 1 Police release image after teenager stabbed in Forest Gate robbery
- 2 Stratford councillor who slammed Boris's bike ride cycles 30 mile round trip across London
- 3 Police appeal for help after woman raped in Beckton
- 4 Arrests after girl, 16, falls onto tracks at King George V DLR
- 5 Double murder accused remanded in custody over ‘brutal’ stabbings
- 6 Tribute to 7th Barts Health Trust worker to die of Covid-19
- 7 Jarrod Bowen hails West Ham as they dug deep to seal victory over West Brom
- 8 West Ham boss Moyes wants his side to show they can compete with the big boys
- 9 Forest Gate man, 21, charged with dangerous and drug driving
- 10 NHS Nightingale London's jabs hub opens as Covid-19 vaccinations ramp up