Beniamin Pieknyi killing: Three more arrests over Stratford Centre stabbing
- Credit: Met Police
Police investigating the fatal stabbing of 21-year-old Beniamin Pieknyi in Stratford Centre have made three further arrests.
Three men – two aged 18 and one 19 – were arrested on suspicion of Beniamin’s murder yesterday.
All three remain in custody at a south London police station.
Detectives on Sunday charged Vladyslav Yakymchuck, a 22-year-old Ukranian, with the murder in the shopping centre in The Broadway and also three robberies, a theft and possessing a bladed article.
Yakymchuck, who has no fixed address, has been remanded in custody to appear at Thames Magistrates Court on a date to be confirmed.
You may also want to watch:
Beniamin, from Milton Keynes, was found suffering from stab wounds after police were called to the centre at 9.30pm on last Tuesday.
He was pronounced dead at the scene an hour later, despite the best efforts of London Ambulance Service medics.
- 1 Bus crashes into lamp post in Stratford
- 2 Start Me Up: Rolling Stones legend Ronnie Wood opens studio in Canning Town for budding musicians
- 3 East Ham cannabis farm raided by police
- 4 Transfer round-up: Leyton Orient bring in eight as departures find new clubs
- 5 'It's about safety': Manor Park neighbours urge council to crack down on pavement parking
- 6 Appeal to help find cat missing from Canning Town
- 7 Leyton Orient could be without key forwards for season opener at Salford
- 8 Meet the weight-loss runner using Newham as a canvas
- 9 Jailed: 'Violent' Beckton man who threatened to chop off ex-partner's head
- 10 Moyes: It was a good, tough test for West Ham at Brentford