Beniamin Pieknyi killing: Three more arrests over Stratford Centre stabbing
- Credit: Met Police
Police investigating the fatal stabbing of 21-year-old Beniamin Pieknyi in Stratford Centre have made three further arrests.
Three men – two aged 18 and one 19 – were arrested on suspicion of Beniamin’s murder yesterday.
All three remain in custody at a south London police station.
Detectives on Sunday charged Vladyslav Yakymchuck, a 22-year-old Ukranian, with the murder in the shopping centre in The Broadway and also three robberies, a theft and possessing a bladed article.
Yakymchuck, who has no fixed address, has been remanded in custody to appear at Thames Magistrates Court on a date to be confirmed.
You may also want to watch:
Beniamin, from Milton Keynes, was found suffering from stab wounds after police were called to the centre at 9.30pm on last Tuesday.
He was pronounced dead at the scene an hour later, despite the best efforts of London Ambulance Service medics.
- 1 Changes to controversial Newham parking scheme announced
- 2 Violent gang stuff sock in elderly woman's mouth and steal her jewellery
- 3 Council rents offices to ambulance service to save money
- 4 Leyton Orient boss is expecting more transfer movement in the window
- 5 Police appeal for help after woman raped in Beckton
- 6 Covid vaccination hub opening in Westfield next week
- 7 Police release image after teenager stabbed in Forest Gate robbery
- 8 Arrests after girl, 16, falls onto tracks at King George V DLR
- 9 Double murder accused remanded in custody over ‘brutal’ stabbings
- 10 Stratford councillor who slammed Boris's bike ride cycles 30 mile round trip across London