Beniamin Pieknyi killing: Three more arrests over Stratford Centre stabbing
- Credit: Met Police
Police investigating the fatal stabbing of 21-year-old Beniamin Pieknyi in Stratford Centre have made three further arrests.
Three men – two aged 18 and one 19 – were arrested on suspicion of Beniamin’s murder yesterday.
All three remain in custody at a south London police station.
Detectives on Sunday charged Vladyslav Yakymchuck, a 22-year-old Ukranian, with the murder in the shopping centre in The Broadway and also three robberies, a theft and possessing a bladed article.
Yakymchuck, who has no fixed address, has been remanded in custody to appear at Thames Magistrates Court on a date to be confirmed.
Beniamin, from Milton Keynes, was found suffering from stab wounds after police were called to the centre at 9.30pm on last Tuesday.
He was pronounced dead at the scene an hour later, despite the best efforts of London Ambulance Service medics.
- 1 Newham primary schools top national league tables
- 2 Canning Town fire 'involving freezer' prompts safety warnings
- 3 'Strict licensing laws and pandemic to blame for Newham exodus,' letting agent claims
- 4 £1m Newham lottery ticket winner finally claims their jackpot prize
- 5 Service users overcharged total of £5m by council accounting 'screw up'
- 6 First Omicron case reported in Newham
- 7 Man jailed for rape after attacking woman walking back from Canning Town
- 8 O's boss Jackett heaps praise on entire side not just Drinan and Smith
- 9 Festive events and family days out in east London this weekend
- 10 Report: 'Significant improvement' in Newham's parks