Five teenagers bailed over alleged stabbing in East Ham
- Credit: PA WIRE
Five teenagers aged between 14 and 16 have been bailed until August following an alleged stabbing on Barking Road.
One boy was arrested at the scene at the junction of Wellington Road in East Ham on Thursday, May 26.
A further three arrests were made the next day by officers. A 15-year-old boy was later arrested in connection with the investigation.
All have been bailed until a date in mid August.
A 16-year-old boy was taken to hospital. His injuries are described as “not life-threatening”.
You may also want to watch:
Prior to this incident, police were called to a disturbance involving a group of teenage girls at High Street North at 4.05pm.
A 14-year-old girl was found with minor injuries that did not require hospital treatment.
- 1 Tributes to 'hero' charity founder who dedicated life to Newham children
- 2 Former boxer compared feet with Prince Philip during visit to club
- 3 Jailed: Newham men who raped and robbed women in Hackney home
- 4 Santino Dymiter murder: Teens given life terms for 'savage' gang killing
- 5 Officers donate Easter eggs to hospitals
- 6 Leyton Orient boss McAnuff full of praise for Cheltenham Town after loss
- 7 Mural sparks criticism after 'crime and murders' describe North Woolwich
- 8 Newham men who bought BMW M5 in £112,000 fraud sentenced
- 9 David Moyes salutes loyal Mark Noble ahead of his 400th West Ham match
- 10 Plaistow man denies murdering two men in Goodmayes
A 16-year-old-girl was arrested at the scene on suspicion of common assault and has been bailed to a date in mid-July.
Officers from Newham CID are investigating and are currently examining whether the two incidents are linked.