Five teenagers bailed over alleged stabbing in East Ham
- Credit: PA WIRE
Five teenagers aged between 14 and 16 have been bailed until August following an alleged stabbing on Barking Road.
One boy was arrested at the scene at the junction of Wellington Road in East Ham on Thursday, May 26.
A further three arrests were made the next day by officers. A 15-year-old boy was later arrested in connection with the investigation.
All have been bailed until a date in mid August.
A 16-year-old boy was taken to hospital. His injuries are described as “not life-threatening”.
Prior to this incident, police were called to a disturbance involving a group of teenage girls at High Street North at 4.05pm.
A 14-year-old girl was found with minor injuries that did not require hospital treatment.
- 1 Colleges offer 'alternative paths' towards fruitful careers, principal says
- 2 West Ham United reveal Thames Ironworks-inspired third kit
- 3 Newham A Level results 2022: Live updates for borough's schools
- 4 London Assembly: TfL urged to rethink plans to cut 78 bus routes
- 5 West Ham United tie is big deal for Danes warns Reid
- 6 Recap: Tree on the tracks disrupts London, Stansted and Cambridge trains
- 7 Product sold at Tesco recalled due to risk of disease-causing bacteria
- 8 Thames Water: Hosepipe ban announced for London and Thames Valley
- 9 Reward offered to trace Maryland fatal stabbing 'suspect'
- 10 Newham refuse workers vote to strike over pay dispute
A 16-year-old-girl was arrested at the scene on suspicion of common assault and has been bailed to a date in mid-July.
Officers from Newham CID are investigating and are currently examining whether the two incidents are linked.