Five teenagers bailed over alleged stabbing in East Ham
- Credit: PA WIRE
Five teenagers aged between 14 and 16 have been bailed until August following an alleged stabbing on Barking Road.
One boy was arrested at the scene at the junction of Wellington Road in East Ham on Thursday, May 26.
A further three arrests were made the next day by officers. A 15-year-old boy was later arrested in connection with the investigation.
All have been bailed until a date in mid August.
A 16-year-old boy was taken to hospital. His injuries are described as “not life-threatening”.
You may also want to watch:
Prior to this incident, police were called to a disturbance involving a group of teenage girls at High Street North at 4.05pm.
A 14-year-old girl was found with minor injuries that did not require hospital treatment.
- 1 Flooding causes road and rail disruption across east London
- 2 Canning Town bus station stays closed as 'urgent' investigation underway
- 3 The secondary schools in Newham rated outstanding by Ofsted
- 4 Appeal after man allegedly 'spits at' woman travelling through Whitechapel, West Ham and Barking
- 5 High Court judge rules no further action needed over embargo breach by Newham company boss
- 6 Carpenters Estate neighbours to vote on redevelopment plans
- 7 Weather warning in place with east London set for thundery weekend
- 8 Boy, 16, found stabbed in Custom House
- 9 Man suffers 'life-changing' injuries in Plaistow bicycle crash
- 10 Ricardo Fuller death: Men from Dagenham and Plaistow wanted in connection
A 16-year-old-girl was arrested at the scene on suspicion of common assault and has been bailed to a date in mid-July.
Officers from Newham CID are investigating and are currently examining whether the two incidents are linked.