Five teenagers bailed over alleged stabbing in East Ham
- Credit: PA WIRE
Five teenagers aged between 14 and 16 have been bailed until August following an alleged stabbing on Barking Road.
One boy was arrested at the scene at the junction of Wellington Road in East Ham on Thursday, May 26.
A further three arrests were made the next day by officers. A 15-year-old boy was later arrested in connection with the investigation.
All have been bailed until a date in mid August.
A 16-year-old boy was taken to hospital. His injuries are described as “not life-threatening”.
You may also want to watch:
Prior to this incident, police were called to a disturbance involving a group of teenage girls at High Street North at 4.05pm.
A 14-year-old girl was found with minor injuries that did not require hospital treatment.
- 1 Jailed man caught with knife in Stratford to be handed court order
- 2 Cause of death remains unknown after body found in disused Forest Gate pub
- 3 Worshippers at mosque in Upton Park aim to raise £35k for Royal British Legion's Poppy Appeal 2021
- 4 Tom Hiddleston to appear as MCM Comic Con returns to ExCeL London in Royal Docks
- 5 Body found in derelict pub in Forest Gate
- 6 Hundreds arrested after police crackdown on county lines
- 7 Forest Gate triple shooting: 'Safety is everybody's business,' councillor says
- 8 Thames Barrier closing for 200th time amid potential east London flooding
- 9 Man given community order for 26 counts of criminal damage after scratching name into property
- 10 Charity provides free breakfasts for 561 vulnerable families over half term
A 16-year-old-girl was arrested at the scene on suspicion of common assault and has been bailed to a date in mid-July.
Officers from Newham CID are investigating and are currently examining whether the two incidents are linked.