Five teenagers bailed over alleged stabbing in East Ham
- Credit: PA WIRE
Five teenagers aged between 14 and 16 have been bailed until August following an alleged stabbing on Barking Road.
One boy was arrested at the scene at the junction of Wellington Road in East Ham on Thursday, May 26.
A further three arrests were made the next day by officers. A 15-year-old boy was later arrested in connection with the investigation.
All have been bailed until a date in mid August.
A 16-year-old boy was taken to hospital. His injuries are described as “not life-threatening”.
You may also want to watch:
Prior to this incident, police were called to a disturbance involving a group of teenage girls at High Street North at 4.05pm.
A 14-year-old girl was found with minor injuries that did not require hospital treatment.
- 1 Changes to controversial Newham parking scheme announced
- 2 Violent gang stuff sock in elderly woman's mouth and steal her jewellery
- 3 Council rents offices to ambulance service to save money
- 4 Leyton Orient boss is expecting more transfer movement in the window
- 5 Police appeal for help after woman raped in Beckton
- 6 Covid vaccination hub opening in Westfield next week
- 7 Police release image after teenager stabbed in Forest Gate robbery
- 8 Arrests after girl, 16, falls onto tracks at King George V DLR
- 9 Double murder accused remanded in custody over ‘brutal’ stabbings
- 10 Stratford councillor who slammed Boris's bike ride cycles 30 mile round trip across London
A 16-year-old-girl was arrested at the scene on suspicion of common assault and has been bailed to a date in mid-July.
Officers from Newham CID are investigating and are currently examining whether the two incidents are linked.