Boy assaulted by group of teenagers at Beckton bus stop
- Credit: Google Maps
A teenager was taken to hospital after being attacked by a group of youths as he sat at a bus stop.
The 16-year-old victim was waiting with a friend in East Ham Manor Way, Beckton, at around 7.30pm last night when they were approached by a group of five or six boys, all aged around 15 or 16.
The group had a conversation with the pair before assaulting the boy and fleeing the scene in an unknown direction.
Officers attended and found the injured boy. He was taken to hospital but his injuries are not said to be life-threatening.
No arrests have been made and enquiries continue.
You may also want to watch:
Anyone with information or any witnesses should call police on 101 or tweet @MetCC.
Information can also be reported anonymously to Crimestoppers on 0800 555 111 or online at cimestoppers-uk.org.
- 1 Call for 'zero tolerance' crackdown on Newham gangs
- 2 Election 2021: Live updates for GLA, by-election and referendum
- 3 Woman arrested in Custom House fatal stabbing and shooting investigation
- 4 Guilty: 'Depraved' rapist who targeted and robbed lone women at night
- 5 Man hit by car in alleged Canning Town 'fight' dies from injuries
- 6 Fly-tippers dump loft insulation, building waste and sink on Wanstead Flats
- 7 Leyton Orient defender Josh Coulson set to depart
- 8 Teenagers killed in London in 2021 so far nears 2020 total
- 9 12 countries announced on travel green list from May 17
- 10 Elections: London mayor and Assembly member, East Ham cllr and referendum