Boy assaulted by group of teenagers at Beckton bus stop
- Credit: Google Maps
A teenager was taken to hospital after being attacked by a group of youths as he sat at a bus stop.
The 16-year-old victim was waiting with a friend in East Ham Manor Way, Beckton, at around 7.30pm last night when they were approached by a group of five or six boys, all aged around 15 or 16.
The group had a conversation with the pair before assaulting the boy and fleeing the scene in an unknown direction.
Officers attended and found the injured boy. He was taken to hospital but his injuries are not said to be life-threatening.
No arrests have been made and enquiries continue.
You may also want to watch:
Anyone with information or any witnesses should call police on 101 or tweet @MetCC.
Information can also be reported anonymously to Crimestoppers on 0800 555 111 or online at cimestoppers-uk.org.
- 1 Luxury hotel with artisan food market and rooftop bar to open in Stratford
- 2 Neighbour reports 'intolerable' antisocial car meets around ABBA Arena building site
- 3 Liverpool Street to Shenfield line suspended as person hit by train
- 4 Driver, 18, wanted for driving wrong way through Blackwall Tunnel
- 5 Cause of death remains unknown after body found in disused Forest Gate pub
- 6 WATCH: Footage emerges of Beckton Alps ski slope
- 7 Capacity at West Ham's London stadium to increase to 62,500
- 8 Campaigners claim ULEZ expansion benefit 'undone' by Silvertown Tunnel project
- 9 Jailed man caught with knife in Stratford to be handed court order
- 10 Body found in derelict pub in Forest Gate