Acid attack at a Stratford party leaves two men injured
- Credit: Google Maps
An acid attack at a Stratford birthday party on Saturday night injured two men, with one needing urgent hospital treatment.
Police were called to reports of a corrosive substance being squirted in the face of a man in his 20s.
The man, who was later taken to hospital, was attacked by a group of males outside the Habiscus Centre in Buckingham Road.
Another man was injured but he was treated at the scene and did not go to hospital.
A London Ambulance Service spokesman said: “We were called at 11.45pm on Saturday to reports of an incident on Buckingham Road.
“We sent a number of resources to the scene including members of our Hazardous Area Response Team, two ambulance crews and a single responder in a car.
“We treated two men at the scene and took one as a priority to hospital.”
- 1 Colleges offer 'alternative paths' towards fruitful careers, principal says
- 2 Newham A Level results 2022: Live updates for borough's schools
- 3 West Ham United reveal Thames Ironworks-inspired third kit
- 4 London Assembly: TfL urged to rethink plans to cut 78 bus routes
- 5 Recap: Tree on the tracks disrupts London, Stansted and Cambridge trains
- 6 West Ham United tie is big deal for Danes warns Reid
- 7 Kehrer can 'bring a number of things' to West Ham United
- 8 Product sold at Tesco recalled due to risk of disease-causing bacteria
- 9 Reward offered to trace Maryland fatal stabbing 'suspect'
- 10 Thames Water: Hosepipe ban announced for London and Thames Valley
No arrests have been made and police are continuing with their enquiries.
Contact detective superintendent Andy Rice at Newham CID on 07747780610 if you have any information. Alternatively, contact Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.