Acid attack at a Stratford party leaves two men injured
- Credit: Google Maps
An acid attack at a Stratford birthday party on Saturday night injured two men, with one needing urgent hospital treatment.
Police were called to reports of a corrosive substance being squirted in the face of a man in his 20s.
The man, who was later taken to hospital, was attacked by a group of males outside the Habiscus Centre in Buckingham Road.
Another man was injured but he was treated at the scene and did not go to hospital.
A London Ambulance Service spokesman said: “We were called at 11.45pm on Saturday to reports of an incident on Buckingham Road.
You may also want to watch:
“We sent a number of resources to the scene including members of our Hazardous Area Response Team, two ambulance crews and a single responder in a car.
“We treated two men at the scene and took one as a priority to hospital.”
- 1 Stratford councillor who slammed Boris's bike ride cycles 30 mile round trip across London
- 2 Police appeal for help after woman raped in Beckton
- 3 Tribute to 7th Barts Health Trust worker to die of Covid-19
- 4 Double murder accused remanded in custody over ‘brutal’ stabbings
- 5 Fan's column: West Ham are in the mix to battle it out with the big boys
- 6 NHS Nightingale London's jabs hub opens as Covid-19 vaccinations ramp up
- 7 Mayor vows to continue Newham free school meals scheme
- 8 NHS 'concerned' about Covid vaccine uptake in Newham
- 9 Forest Gate man, 21, charged with dangerous and drug driving
- 10 Dangerous driver arrested after police find drugs and £28k cash
No arrests have been made and police are continuing with their enquiries.
Contact detective superintendent Andy Rice at Newham CID on 07747780610 if you have any information. Alternatively, contact Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.