Acid attack at a Stratford party leaves two men injured
- Credit: Google Maps
An acid attack at a Stratford birthday party on Saturday night injured two men, with one needing urgent hospital treatment.
Police were called to reports of a corrosive substance being squirted in the face of a man in his 20s.
The man, who was later taken to hospital, was attacked by a group of males outside the Habiscus Centre in Buckingham Road.
Another man was injured but he was treated at the scene and did not go to hospital.
A London Ambulance Service spokesman said: “We were called at 11.45pm on Saturday to reports of an incident on Buckingham Road.
“We sent a number of resources to the scene including members of our Hazardous Area Response Team, two ambulance crews and a single responder in a car.
“We treated two men at the scene and took one as a priority to hospital.”
- 1 New documentary on murders of women whose bodies were hidden in freezer
- 2 Jailed: Teen who inflicted life-changing injuries as he squirted acid in boy's face
- 3 Dawson determined to see West Ham bounce back
- 4 Revealed: Hackney, Islington and Newham are boroughs with most LTNs
- 5 Coroner concerned with Barts NHS trust after woman 'unlawfully killed'
- 6 Campaigners dress as animals to deliver letters about farm closure
- 7 Beckton children’s hospice given £5k to replace stolen garden equipment
- 8 Fake Dyson Airwrap and Primark baby toy among recent recalled items
- 9 Newham man among UK's 'most wanted fugitives' who may be hiding in Spain
- 10 Man remains in critical condition after Stratford Station attack
No arrests have been made and police are continuing with their enquiries.
Contact detective superintendent Andy Rice at Newham CID on 07747780610 if you have any information. Alternatively, contact Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.