Acid attack at a Stratford party leaves two men injured
- Credit: Google Maps
An acid attack at a Stratford birthday party on Saturday night injured two men, with one needing urgent hospital treatment.
Police were called to reports of a corrosive substance being squirted in the face of a man in his 20s.
The man, who was later taken to hospital, was attacked by a group of males outside the Habiscus Centre in Buckingham Road.
Another man was injured but he was treated at the scene and did not go to hospital.
A London Ambulance Service spokesman said: “We were called at 11.45pm on Saturday to reports of an incident on Buckingham Road.
You may also want to watch:
“We sent a number of resources to the scene including members of our Hazardous Area Response Team, two ambulance crews and a single responder in a car.
“We treated two men at the scene and took one as a priority to hospital.”
- 1 Newham to start weekly recycling collections
- 2 Anonymous tip off could hold key to murder of Sami Sidhom three years later
- 3 Town hall chiefs back £3m purchase of Plaistow property for rough sleeper centre
- 4 Operose: Addressing 'understandable' concerns over GP takeover
- 5 Police officer jailed for GBH after injuring man in Forest Gate
- 6 Housing campaigners to stage protest in Canning Town over empty homes
- 7 Body found in search for missing Newham man
- 8 Newcastle's late Willock winner hits West Ham hopes
- 9 Jailed: Newham men who raped and robbed women in Hackney home
- 10 Campaigners stage River Thames protest over Silvertown Tunnel
No arrests have been made and police are continuing with their enquiries.
Contact detective superintendent Andy Rice at Newham CID on 07747780610 if you have any information. Alternatively, contact Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.