Acid attack at a Stratford party leaves two men injured
- Credit: Google Maps
An acid attack at a Stratford birthday party on Saturday night injured two men, with one needing urgent hospital treatment.
Police were called to reports of a corrosive substance being squirted in the face of a man in his 20s.
The man, who was later taken to hospital, was attacked by a group of males outside the Habiscus Centre in Buckingham Road.
Another man was injured but he was treated at the scene and did not go to hospital.
A London Ambulance Service spokesman said: “We were called at 11.45pm on Saturday to reports of an incident on Buckingham Road.
You may also want to watch:
“We sent a number of resources to the scene including members of our Hazardous Area Response Team, two ambulance crews and a single responder in a car.
“We treated two men at the scene and took one as a priority to hospital.”
- 1 The secondary schools in Newham rated outstanding by Ofsted
- 2 Canning Town bus station stays closed as 'urgent' investigation underway
- 3 Can you help find man missing from Royal Docks?
- 4 Man injured as glass falls from Canning Town bus station canopy
- 5 Men from Canning Town and Leytonstone charged with theft from Wembley Stadium
- 6 High Court judge rules no further action needed over embargo breach by Newham company boss
- 7 Appeal after man allegedly 'spits at' woman travelling through Whitechapel, West Ham and Barking
- 8 Weather warning in place with east London set for thundery weekend
- 9 Boy, 16, found stabbed in Custom House
- 10 Man suffers 'life-changing' injuries in Plaistow bicycle crash
No arrests have been made and police are continuing with their enquiries.
Contact detective superintendent Andy Rice at Newham CID on 07747780610 if you have any information. Alternatively, contact Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.