Homeless man in serious condition with fractured skull after Plaistow assault
- Credit: Metropolitan Police
Detectives are appealing for information on an attack in Plaistow which left a homeless man with 11 fractures to his skull.
Marcus Mensah, 33, was found in a stairwell next to a block of flats numbered 1-29 at around 1am on Monday, November 2 in Kelland Road.
Attending paramedics rushed him to an east London hospital where he is fighting for his life.
His injuries, believed to have be caused by blunt force trauma, are deemed “critical”, said police.
“This was a sustained and brutal assault on a homeless man who was well known throughout the area where he was attacked,” said investigating officer Trainee Det Con Jon Saddington from Newham CID.
You may also want to watch:
“Marcus has been left with devastating injuries from which he may never recover.”
He asks witnesses or anyone with information to call 0774 780 610 or contact Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.
- 1 Engineering student wins place at Princeton University
- 2 West Ham United reveal 2021/22 Umbro Third Kit
- 3 Free fitness sessions on offer in Newham as parkrun returns
- 4 Ex-McDonald's crew member in final of national awards honouring those shaping business world
- 5 West Ham sign World Cup-winning goalkeeper Alphonse Areola on loan
- 6 More than 20 places in Newham hit by flooding, council says
- 7 Forest Gate flats bid gets green light despite neighbours' objections
- 8 The secondary schools in Newham rated outstanding by Ofsted
- 9 Fried chicken outlet to open at Westfield in Stratford
- 10 Meet the Forest Gate pastor supporting athletes at Tokyo Olympics 2020