Help find lad’s stolen keys
A ten-year-old boy is appealing for the return of his prized key ring collection and cricket trophy after they were stolen in Plaistow.
Hammers fan Teddy Mortlock left his schoolbag, to which dozens of key rings were attached, in his car when his family visited the Boleyn Ground for a game on November 13.
It also contained the cup he was presented by Brentwood Cricket Club a week earlier for being the best in his age group.
They returned to the car parked in Tunmarsh Lane to find Teddy’s navy rucksack, with Widford Lodge School on the side, missing.
Mum Sarah Mortlock, 41, said: “The bag was missing. They took all the key rings.”
“We have parked there for years and never had a problem.
“Before we were season ticket holders I was a steward at the ground.
- 1 60 firefighters deal with Plaistow tower block fire
- 2 Revealed: Cause of Plaistow tower block fire which left 5 men in hospital
- 3 Revealed: Cause of terraced houses blaze in East Ham
- 4 Bow Lock murder defendants blame each other for fatal attack
- 5 Moncur 'overwhelmed' to join Leyton Orient
- 6 East Ham fire: Terraced houses damaged by blaze as woman treated at scene
- 7 Fares Maatou was 'murdered with stolen sword', court hears
- 8 Truck towing stolen Rolls Royce SUV crashes before dramatic foot chase
- 9 Series of failures sees Met Police placed under special measures
- 10 Moosakhan Nasiri: Man charged with Plashet Park murder
“Teddy was gutted. It happened just before his birthday so he was really upset.
“If we could get it back, he would be really pleased especially about the key rings.”
“If any of your readers have come across it in their travels in the borough my son, Teddy, would be thrilled to have it back.”
The thieves also took an iPhone charger and 20 CDs.
Newham Police said it was investigated the thefts.