Help catch robbers who left cancer patient, 82, in coma
- Credit: Metropolitan Police
Police have released this shocking image to find three thugs who left an elderly man in hospital after he was violently robbed.
Ahmet Dobran, who has cancer and uses a walking stick, remains in a critical condition after he was dragged to the ground and pinned down by three men in Sussex Road, East Ham, just before 7pm on Sunday, August 27.
During the attack, the 82-year-old suffered three fractures to his vertebrae as one of the men grabbed his neck while the other two reigned blows to his back and arms.
The trio then forcibly removed Amhet’s gold bracelet and Longine wristwatch before fleeing the scene.
Police have revealed new images of the men they want to speak to in relation to the robbery, saying it had aggravated the pensioner’s cancer and Parkinson’s disease.
You may also want to watch:
Investigating officer Pc Sam Bush said: “Over the past month, Mr Dobran has been in and out of an induced coma, and he is now on a high dependency ward in hospital.
“He needs breathing apparatus, which includes a tracheotomy. Doctors are not sure if this is permanent or temporary.
- 1 Call for 'zero tolerance' crackdown on Newham gangs
- 2 Election 2021: Live updates for GLA, by-election and referendum
- 3 Woman arrested in Custom House fatal stabbing and shooting investigation
- 4 Guilty: 'Depraved' rapist who targeted and robbed lone women at night
- 5 Man hit by car in alleged Canning Town 'fight' dies from injuries
- 6 Fly-tippers dump loft insulation, building waste and sink on Wanstead Flats
- 7 Leyton Orient defender Josh Coulson set to depart
- 8 Teenagers killed in London in 2021 so far nears 2020 total
- 9 12 countries announced on travel green list from May 17
- 10 Elections: London mayor and Assembly member, East Ham cllr and referendum
“The men still have not been identified, and I believe that they are not local to the area of East Ham, or even Newham.
“Someone knows who the suspects are we need to catch them before they target anyone else, as they clearly have utter disregard for their victims and do not hesitate to use violence.”
Ahmet’s devastated son and daughter said they were desperate for information which could lead to finding their father’s attackers.
In a statement they said: ““We are all devastated by it all. This attack has taken his independence away.
“Our father is not an indoor person, and now he will be stuck in doors for the rest of his life.
“We are appalled at how someone can do this to an old man.
“He is now unable to fly to Cyprus to see the rest of his family, he used to go there a couple of times a year.”
Anyone who recognises the men pictured are urged to call police on 101 or Crimestoppers anonymously via 0800 555 111.
Information can also be tweet to police @MetCC.