Health alert after Newham partygoers are victims of deadly batch of ecstasy pills
- Credit: Archant
Revellers who took potentially lethal ecstasy tablets at a Newham warehouse party last night were being treated in hospital today for life-threatening injuries.
Police issued an urgent health warning today to anyone who attended the party in Hillcroft Road, Beckton, on Friday.
A number of people have reported to an east London hospital with life threatening injuries who are believed to have taken the batch of potentially deadly drugs bought at the party.
“We strongly advise anyone who bought drugs at the party last night not to take these as the consequences could be potentially life threatening,” said a Scotland Yard spokesman.
Anyone with information about the sale of illegal drugs should call police on 101 or call Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.
You may also want to watch:
Enquiries are underway to identify who supplied the illegal drugs.
- 1 Police appeal for help after woman raped in Beckton
- 2 Newham's Covid-19 case rate 'huge' but there is 'light at end of the tunnel'
- 3 Footage shows crowd piling onto train at Canning Town station
- 4 Forest Gate man, 21, charged with dangerous and drug driving
- 5 Double murder accused remanded in custody over ‘brutal’ stabbings
- 6 Leyton Orient boss Embleton expecting more movement in the transfer window
- 7 Dangerous driver arrested after police find drugs and £28k cash
- 8 Leyton Orient boss Embleton finally gets his man in Dan Kemp
- 9 Knife-carrying teenager arrested after running from cops
- 10 Barts apologises to family after death of Stratford woman