Health alert after Newham partygoers are victims of deadly batch of ecstasy pills
- Credit: Archant
Revellers who took potentially lethal ecstasy tablets at a Newham warehouse party last night were being treated in hospital today for life-threatening injuries.
Police issued an urgent health warning today to anyone who attended the party in Hillcroft Road, Beckton, on Friday.
A number of people have reported to an east London hospital with life threatening injuries who are believed to have taken the batch of potentially deadly drugs bought at the party.
“We strongly advise anyone who bought drugs at the party last night not to take these as the consequences could be potentially life threatening,” said a Scotland Yard spokesman.
Anyone with information about the sale of illegal drugs should call police on 101 or call Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.
You may also want to watch:
Enquiries are underway to identify who supplied the illegal drugs.
- 1 Steven Fry: Canning Town man to face court charged with murder
- 2 Police name Newham man fatally shot in Haringey
- 3 Man killed and two injured in triple shooting
- 4 Newham town halls to be lit up in tribute to Sabina Nessa
- 5 US fried chicken chain Popeyes to open first UK outlet in Stratford
- 6 First apartments to go on sale at 769-home development in Royal Docks
- 7 New primary school in Stratford welcomes first reception class
- 8 Sadiq Khan warns of flood threat in east London from climate emergency
- 9 Things to do: Explore east London this weekend
- 10 Steven Fry stabbing: Custom House victim named in murder investigation