Have you been affected by knife crime? The Recorder wants to hear from you
- Credit: Archant
Knife crime in London has risen by 20 per cent in the last year affecting communities across the capital including Newham, Metropolitan Police figures show.
The Newham Recorder would like to hear from you if you, your family or your community have been affected by knife crime.
Have you been a victim of an attack or robbery? Has knife crime impacted on your family or area?
Are you scared that your children may be at risk?
Are you a young adult who has considered carrying a knife because of concerns for your own safety or a teacher who fears for the wellbeing of pupils?
You may also want to watch:
What do you think should be done to tackle this issue and its devastating impact on communities in Newham? Should the police or the Mayor of London take action?
If you have a story to tell, contact investigations journalist Emma Youle on 020 7433 0122 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- 1 Body found in derelict pub in Forest Gate
- 2 Manor Park Fitness Centre closing to make way for 'affordable' homes
- 3 Two hospitalised as 60 firefighters tackle blaze in Stratford
- 4 92 arrests as police respond to community concerns about crime
- 5 Newham mathematician to fill in for Countdown presenter and expectant mum Rachel Riley
- 6 Stephen Timms 'cannot forgive attacker without meeting face-to-face'
- 7 Westfield Stratford City reopens after shop fire caused by electrical fault
- 8 Newham to 'bring back the broom' as recycling gets boost
- 9 Fast food! Lewis Hamilton-backed chain opening east London branches
- 10 Car abandoned after triple shooting and stabbing at Forest Gate barber
We are happy to speak in confidence if necessary.