Have you been affected by knife crime? The Recorder wants to hear from you
- Credit: Archant
Knife crime in London has risen by 20 per cent in the last year affecting communities across the capital including Newham, Metropolitan Police figures show.
The Newham Recorder would like to hear from you if you, your family or your community have been affected by knife crime.
Have you been a victim of an attack or robbery? Has knife crime impacted on your family or area?
Are you scared that your children may be at risk?
Are you a young adult who has considered carrying a knife because of concerns for your own safety or a teacher who fears for the wellbeing of pupils?
You may also want to watch:
What do you think should be done to tackle this issue and its devastating impact on communities in Newham? Should the police or the Mayor of London take action?
If you have a story to tell, contact investigations journalist Emma Youle on 020 7433 0122 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- 1 Traffic cameras installed to catch Newham drivers who ignore road signs
- 2 Man arrested in east London for terrorist offences
- 3 Foodbank offering lifeline to foreign students left destitute by pandemic
- 4 Parking charges, Covid, unneutered cats and driving into London
- 5 Man arrested after car smashes into house in Maryland
- 6 Plans for special needs hub at Little Ilford School given green light
- 7 East Ham barber disappointed by Covid-19 lockdown easing roadmap
- 8 Guilty: Men from Forest Gate and East Ham who raped two women during brothel robbery
- 9 Upminster killer boasted about hacking teen to death with machete in street
- 10 Person found dead on tracks at Plaistow Underground station
We are happy to speak in confidence if necessary.