Have you been affected by knife crime? The Recorder wants to hear from you
- Credit: Archant
Knife crime in London has risen by 20 per cent in the last year affecting communities across the capital including Newham, Metropolitan Police figures show.
The Newham Recorder would like to hear from you if you, your family or your community have been affected by knife crime.
Have you been a victim of an attack or robbery? Has knife crime impacted on your family or area?
Are you scared that your children may be at risk?
Are you a young adult who has considered carrying a knife because of concerns for your own safety or a teacher who fears for the wellbeing of pupils?
You may also want to watch:
What do you think should be done to tackle this issue and its devastating impact on communities in Newham? Should the police or the Mayor of London take action?
If you have a story to tell, contact investigations journalist Emma Youle on 020 7433 0122 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- 1 Call for 'zero tolerance' crackdown on Newham gangs
- 2 Election 2021: Live updates for GLA, by-election and referendum
- 3 Woman arrested in Custom House fatal stabbing and shooting investigation
- 4 Guilty: 'Depraved' rapist who targeted and robbed lone women at night
- 5 Man hit by car in alleged Canning Town 'fight' dies from injuries
- 6 Fly-tippers dump loft insulation, building waste and sink on Wanstead Flats
- 7 Leyton Orient defender Josh Coulson set to depart
- 8 Teenagers killed in London in 2021 so far nears 2020 total
- 9 12 countries announced on travel green list from May 17
- 10 Elections: London mayor and Assembly member, East Ham cllr and referendum
We are happy to speak in confidence if necessary.