Have you been affected by knife crime? The Recorder wants to hear from you
- Credit: Archant
Knife crime in London has risen by 20 per cent in the last year affecting communities across the capital including Newham, Metropolitan Police figures show.
The Newham Recorder would like to hear from you if you, your family or your community have been affected by knife crime.
Have you been a victim of an attack or robbery? Has knife crime impacted on your family or area?
Are you scared that your children may be at risk?
Are you a young adult who has considered carrying a knife because of concerns for your own safety or a teacher who fears for the wellbeing of pupils?
What do you think should be done to tackle this issue and its devastating impact on communities in Newham? Should the police or the Mayor of London take action?
If you have a story to tell, contact investigations journalist Emma Youle on 020 7433 0122 or email email@example.com.
- 1 Revealed: Cause of Plaistow tower block fire which left 5 men in hospital
- 2 60 firefighters deal with Plaistow tower block fire
- 3 Revealed: Cause of terraced houses blaze in East Ham
- 4 Bow Lock murder defendants blame each other for fatal attack
- 5 Moncur 'overwhelmed' to join Leyton Orient
- 6 East Ham fire: Terraced houses damaged by blaze as woman treated at scene
- 7 Truck towing stolen Rolls Royce SUV crashes before dramatic foot chase
- 8 Fares Maatou was 'murdered with stolen sword', court hears
- 9 Moosakhan Nasiri: Man charged with Plashet Park murder
- 10 Census 2021: What has changed in your borough since 2011?
We are happy to speak in confidence if necessary.