Gun find leads to 10 years prison for East Ham gang member
Gang-busting police swooped in East Ham and discovered a powerful loaded shotgun and cartridges being ferried by a man they had targeted.
And when they searched the local home of the suspected gang member, 21-year-old Jeffrey Anamo, they found wraps of the hard drug heroin.
At Inner London Crown Court last week (6/3) Anamo, of Hameway, was jailed for ten years after pleading after admitting gun and drug offences.
Det Insp Colin Stephenson of the Met’s Central Task Force said police police believe the shotgun would have been made available and used by Anamo and other gang members “to cause misery” in east London.
It was on August 3 last year that the specialist task force undertook what they describe as a “proactive operation targeting gang members in east London.”
You may also want to watch:
Anamo was seen placing items in the boot of a minicab outside his home. They turned out to be the firearm, seven cartridges and Hertfordshire Police body armour. as officers discovered when they stopped and searched the vehicle in Woolwich Manor Way.
Searches of his Anamo’s home address also uncovered 49 wraps of heroin.
- 1 Tributes to Newham cop who died after positive Covid-19 test
- 2 Covid vaccination hub opening in Westfield next week
- 3 Police release image after teenager stabbed in Forest Gate robbery
- 4 NHS nurse assaulted at east London hospital
- 5 Labour Party investigates second Newham councillor over antisemitism
- 6 Arrests after girl, 16, falls onto tracks at King George V DLR
- 7 What a load of old rubbish: Fly-tippers keep charity staff out of building
- 8 Newham housing association offers homes to Hackney Council with £10m price tag
- 9 One in 20 may have had Covid-19 last week in Redbridge, Newham and Barking and Dagenham, figures suggest
- 10 Police appeal for help after woman raped in Beckton
Detective Inspector Stephenson said: “This gun was destined to be used by criminal gangs on the streets of London.
“The Met is committed to reducing violence carried out by gangs within the Metropolis. I have no doubt by seizing this loaded firearm, our officers have prevented murders or serious injuries to others”
Anamo pleaded guilty to possession of a firearm and ammunition, both with intent to endanger life; possession of heroin with intent supply drugs and handling the stolen body armour.