Jailed: Convicted Mac-10 gun dealer who supplied firearm and ammunition to associate in West Ham
- Credit: Archant
A convicted illegal gun dealer who continued to supply weapons after being released from prison on licence has been jailed again.
Lennie St Clare Walters, 47, supplied a handgun-and 58 rounds of ammunition to an associate in Grange Road, West Ham, last December.
Three months earlier he delivered a gun and 15 rounds of ammunition to a man waiting in a taxi in Leyton.
Snaresbrook Crown Court heard Walters had been jailed for 10 years in 2010 for supplying firearms including a Mac-10 machine gun.
However he was released after five years and was on licence when he supplied more guns.
You may also want to watch:
He was arrested in February and while admitting supplying the weapons seized in West Ham and Leyton he denied any intention to endanger life.
On Friday was convicted by a jury and jailed for seven-and-a-half years.
- 1 Violent gang stuff sock in elderly woman's mouth and steal her jewellery
- 2 Council rents offices to ambulance service to save money
- 3 Covid vaccination hub opening in Westfield next week
- 4 Police release image after teenager stabbed in Forest Gate robbery
- 5 Tributes to Newham cop who died after positive Covid-19 test
- 6 NHS nurse assaulted at east London hospital
- 7 Police appeal for help after woman raped in Beckton
- 8 What a load of old rubbish: Fly-tippers keep charity staff out of building
- 9 Double murder accused remanded in custody over ‘brutal’ stabbings
- 10 Arrests after girl, 16, falls onto tracks at King George V DLR
The two men Walters supplied arms to pleaded guilty to gun offences and have been jailed.
Det Con Gareth Starr, from the Met’s Trident and Area Crime Command, said: “Due to an intelligence-led investigation and working alongside our colleagues from the firearms unit, not just one, but three men, who were in possession of firearms, have now been taken off the streets.”