Jailed: Convicted Mac-10 gun dealer who supplied firearm and ammunition to associate in West Ham
- Credit: Archant
A convicted illegal gun dealer who continued to supply weapons after being released from prison on licence has been jailed again.
Lennie St Clare Walters, 47, supplied a handgun-and 58 rounds of ammunition to an associate in Grange Road, West Ham, last December.
Three months earlier he delivered a gun and 15 rounds of ammunition to a man waiting in a taxi in Leyton.
Snaresbrook Crown Court heard Walters had been jailed for 10 years in 2010 for supplying firearms including a Mac-10 machine gun.
However he was released after five years and was on licence when he supplied more guns.
You may also want to watch:
He was arrested in February and while admitting supplying the weapons seized in West Ham and Leyton he denied any intention to endanger life.
On Friday was convicted by a jury and jailed for seven-and-a-half years.
- 1 Newham to start weekly recycling collections
- 2 Anonymous tip off could hold key to murder of Sami Sidhom three years later
- 3 Town hall chiefs back £3m purchase of Plaistow property for rough sleeper centre
- 4 Ex-student who got MIT scholarship sets up tutor business to help others
- 5 'Council houses now': Protesters stage action over empty homes
- 6 Police officer jailed for GBH after injuring man in Forest Gate
- 7 Women's FA Cup: West Ham 11 Chichester & Selsey 0
- 8 Jailed: Newham men who raped and robbed women in Hackney home
- 9 Santino Dymiter murder: Teens given life terms for 'savage' gang killing
- 10 Recognising the importance of crossing thresholds as lockdown eases
The two men Walters supplied arms to pleaded guilty to gun offences and have been jailed.
Det Con Gareth Starr, from the Met’s Trident and Area Crime Command, said: “Due to an intelligence-led investigation and working alongside our colleagues from the firearms unit, not just one, but three men, who were in possession of firearms, have now been taken off the streets.”