Jailed: Convicted Mac-10 gun dealer who supplied firearm and ammunition to associate in West Ham
- Credit: Archant
A convicted illegal gun dealer who continued to supply weapons after being released from prison on licence has been jailed again.
Lennie St Clare Walters, 47, supplied a handgun-and 58 rounds of ammunition to an associate in Grange Road, West Ham, last December.
Three months earlier he delivered a gun and 15 rounds of ammunition to a man waiting in a taxi in Leyton.
Snaresbrook Crown Court heard Walters had been jailed for 10 years in 2010 for supplying firearms including a Mac-10 machine gun.
However he was released after five years and was on licence when he supplied more guns.
You may also want to watch:
He was arrested in February and while admitting supplying the weapons seized in West Ham and Leyton he denied any intention to endanger life.
On Friday was convicted by a jury and jailed for seven-and-a-half years.
- 1 Clean-up underway after flash floods hit Newham
- 2 Fried chicken outlet to open at Westfield in Stratford
- 3 More than 20 places in Newham hit by flooding, council says
- 4 Ceiling panels collapse and operations cancelled at hospital after flooding
- 5 Flooding causes road and rail disruption across east London
- 6 Leyton Orient boss Jackett full of praise for Sotiriou after Magpies win
- 7 The secondary schools in Newham rated outstanding by Ofsted
- 8 Canning town bus station reopens after falling glass injures man
- 9 Deadline looming to comment on proposed constituency changes
- 10 School's out!: Newham puts on jam-packed summer holiday activities programme
The two men Walters supplied arms to pleaded guilty to gun offences and have been jailed.
Det Con Gareth Starr, from the Met’s Trident and Area Crime Command, said: “Due to an intelligence-led investigation and working alongside our colleagues from the firearms unit, not just one, but three men, who were in possession of firearms, have now been taken off the streets.”