Girl, 17, stabbed during attempted robbery in East Ham
- Credit: Google Maps
A teenage girl who was stabbed as she ran away from a would-be robber has been left with serious injuries, police have said.
They are appealing for witnesses to the incident, which took place at the junction of Ladysmith Avenue and Central Park Road, East Ham.
The 17-year-old had left a friend’s house in Boundary Road, Upton Park and walked towards the shops when she was approached by a man who demanded her mobile phone and cash.
She began to run away but felt a blow to her back.
It was only after noticing blood on her clothing that she realised that she had been stabbed.
You may also want to watch:
She then contacted her boyfriend, who was just minutes away, and he took her to hospital.
She was later transferred to a specialist hospital for treatment and discharged a few days later.
- 1 The secondary schools in Newham rated outstanding by Ofsted
- 2 Canning Town bus station stays closed as 'urgent' investigation underway
- 3 Can you help find man missing from Royal Docks?
- 4 Man injured as glass falls from Canning Town bus station canopy
- 5 Men from Canning Town and Leytonstone charged with theft from Wembley Stadium
- 6 Appeal after man allegedly 'spits at' woman travelling through Whitechapel, West Ham and Barking
- 7 High Court judge rules no further action needed over embargo breach by Newham company boss
- 8 Weather warning in place with east London set for thundery weekend
- 9 Boy, 16, found stabbed in Custom House
- 10 Man suffers 'life-changing' injuries in Plaistow bicycle crash
Officers investigating the incident, which took place at around 8.15pm on Saturday, February 18, are now appealing for witnesses to the incident.
They have released a description of the suspect, said to be an Asian man aged around 18 or 19, approximately 5ft 9in tall and with a black beard.
At the time, he was wearing a black North Face jacket and grey Nike jogging bottoms.
Det Con Adrian Topps from Newham CID said: “This was an unprovoked attack that has left a young girl with serious injuries. The attack could have quite possibly resulted in her losing her life.
“The suspect needs to be caught. We are appealing for any witnesses or anyone who has information about the attack to contact us so we can bring the culprit to justice.”
Anyone with information should contact Newham CID on 020 8217 5820 or 101, or via Twitter @MetCC.
To give information anonymously call Crimestoppers on 0800 555 111.