Girl, 17, stabbed during attempted robbery in East Ham
- Credit: Google Maps
A teenage girl who was stabbed as she ran away from a would-be robber has been left with serious injuries, police have said.
They are appealing for witnesses to the incident, which took place at the junction of Ladysmith Avenue and Central Park Road, East Ham.
The 17-year-old had left a friend’s house in Boundary Road, Upton Park and walked towards the shops when she was approached by a man who demanded her mobile phone and cash.
She began to run away but felt a blow to her back.
It was only after noticing blood on her clothing that she realised that she had been stabbed.
You may also want to watch:
She then contacted her boyfriend, who was just minutes away, and he took her to hospital.
She was later transferred to a specialist hospital for treatment and discharged a few days later.
- 1 Jailed man caught with knife in Stratford to be handed court order
- 2 Cause of death remains unknown after body found in disused Forest Gate pub
- 3 Tom Hiddleston to appear as MCM Comic Con returns to ExCeL London in Royal Docks
- 4 Worshippers at mosque in Upton Park aim to raise £35k for Royal British Legion's Poppy Appeal 2021
- 5 Hundreds arrested after police crackdown on county lines
- 6 Forest Gate triple shooting: 'Safety is everybody's business,' councillor says
- 7 Body found in derelict pub in Forest Gate
- 8 Thames Barrier closing for 200th time amid potential east London flooding
- 9 Car abandoned after triple shooting and stabbing at Forest Gate barber
- 10 Man given community order for 26 counts of criminal damage after scratching name into property
Officers investigating the incident, which took place at around 8.15pm on Saturday, February 18, are now appealing for witnesses to the incident.
They have released a description of the suspect, said to be an Asian man aged around 18 or 19, approximately 5ft 9in tall and with a black beard.
At the time, he was wearing a black North Face jacket and grey Nike jogging bottoms.
Det Con Adrian Topps from Newham CID said: “This was an unprovoked attack that has left a young girl with serious injuries. The attack could have quite possibly resulted in her losing her life.
“The suspect needs to be caught. We are appealing for any witnesses or anyone who has information about the attack to contact us so we can bring the culprit to justice.”
Anyone with information should contact Newham CID on 020 8217 5820 or 101, or via Twitter @MetCC.
To give information anonymously call Crimestoppers on 0800 555 111.