Girl, 14, sexually assaulted on District line train
- Credit: Archant
Police have launched an investigation after a 14-year-old girl was sexually assaulted on a Tube train.
The girl was attacked on a westbound District line train between Elm Park and West Ham on Saturday, October 1 between 2.20 and 2.30pm.
Her attacker then changed to the Jubilee line at West Ham before getting off at Canning Town.
Officers would like to speak to the man shown in the CCTV images because he may have information which could help with their investigation.
Pc Ben Martin-Richmond said: “I would like to commend the victim for reporting this distressing incident. Everyone should be free to travel on the underground without fear of unwanted sexual behaviour.”
You may also want to watch:
Anyone with information should call the British Transport Police on 0800 405040 or Crimestoppers on 0800 555111.
- 1 Newham to start weekly recycling collections
- 2 Town hall chiefs back £3m purchase of Plaistow property for rough sleeper centre
- 3 Anonymous tip off could hold key to murder of Sami Sidhom three years later
- 4 Operose: Addressing 'understandable' concerns over GP takeover
- 5 Police officer jailed for GBH after injuring man in Forest Gate
- 6 Body found in search for missing Newham man
- 7 Housing campaigners to stage protest in Canning Town over empty homes
- 8 Jailed: Newham men who raped and robbed women in Hackney home
- 9 Women's FA Cup: West Ham 11 Chichester & Selsey 0
- 10 Stratford was busiest station on TfL network last year, data reveals