Girl, 14, sexually assaulted on District line train
- Credit: Archant
Police have launched an investigation after a 14-year-old girl was sexually assaulted on a Tube train.
The girl was attacked on a westbound District line train between Elm Park and West Ham on Saturday, October 1 between 2.20 and 2.30pm.
Her attacker then changed to the Jubilee line at West Ham before getting off at Canning Town.
Officers would like to speak to the man shown in the CCTV images because he may have information which could help with their investigation.
Pc Ben Martin-Richmond said: “I would like to commend the victim for reporting this distressing incident. Everyone should be free to travel on the underground without fear of unwanted sexual behaviour.”
You may also want to watch:
Anyone with information should call the British Transport Police on 0800 405040 or Crimestoppers on 0800 555111.
- 1 Stratford councillor who slammed Boris's bike ride cycles 30 mile round trip across London
- 2 Police appeal for help after woman raped in Beckton
- 3 Double murder accused remanded in custody over ‘brutal’ stabbings
- 4 Tribute to 7th Barts Health Trust worker to die of Covid-19
- 5 New partnership to provide scholarships for Newham law students
- 6 West Ham boss Moyes wants his side to show they can compete with the big boys
- 7 NHS Nightingale London's jabs hub opens as Covid-19 vaccinations ramp up
- 8 David Moyes does not want to be hammered for another striking mistake
- 9 Forest Gate man, 21, charged with dangerous and drug driving
- 10 East Ham MP urges government to keep £20 boost to universal credit