Girl, 14, sexually assaulted on District line train
- Credit: Archant
Police have launched an investigation after a 14-year-old girl was sexually assaulted on a Tube train.
The girl was attacked on a westbound District line train between Elm Park and West Ham on Saturday, October 1 between 2.20 and 2.30pm.
Her attacker then changed to the Jubilee line at West Ham before getting off at Canning Town.
Officers would like to speak to the man shown in the CCTV images because he may have information which could help with their investigation.
Pc Ben Martin-Richmond said: “I would like to commend the victim for reporting this distressing incident. Everyone should be free to travel on the underground without fear of unwanted sexual behaviour.”
You may also want to watch:
Anyone with information should call the British Transport Police on 0800 405040 or Crimestoppers on 0800 555111.
- 1 New developments given the green light in Newham so far this year
- 2 Steward admits lanyard theft ahead of Euro 2020 final
- 3 Woodford Green and Forest Gate residents criticise councils over flooding
- 4 Engineering student wins place at Princeton University
- 5 East London travel disruption round-up for the week ahead
- 6 Grade II-listed building to become creative hub with £250k refurb
- 7 Inquest: Newham driver died of 'misadventure' after Redbridge police chase
- 8 Forest Gate flats bid gets green light despite neighbours' objections
- 9 Win a pair of Carabao Cup tickets to Leyton Orient vs Queens Park Rangers
- 10 Mum plans to use Raine's Foundation site for new East Park church school