Fundraising page launched to pay for the funeral of North Woolwich shooting victim Karim Samms
- Credit: Archant
A fundraising drive has been launched to help pay for the funeral of a boy who was killed in a double shooting in North Woolwich.
Karim Samms, 17, was shot in the chest in a drive-by shooting in Roebourne Way on April 7 at around 10.45pm.
He died at the scene.
Minutes later a 21-year-old man was shot twice in the back in nearby Claremont Close.
You may also want to watch:
Officers believe the two shootings are linked.
A gofundpage has been set up to raise £5,000 for the family of the teenager who was a member of Fight For Peace based in Newham.
- 1 Changes to controversial Newham parking scheme announced
- 2 Violent gang stuff sock in elderly woman's mouth and steal her jewellery
- 3 Council rents offices to ambulance service to save money
- 4 Leyton Orient boss is expecting more transfer movement in the window
- 5 Police appeal for help after woman raped in Beckton
- 6 Covid vaccination hub opening in Westfield next week
- 7 Police release image after teenager stabbed in Forest Gate robbery
- 8 Arrests after girl, 16, falls onto tracks at King George V DLR
- 9 Double murder accused remanded in custody over ‘brutal’ stabbings
- 10 We're not promising anything we can't deliver says West Ham boss David Moyes
The charity uses boxing and martial arts with education and personal development to help young people living in areas blighted by crime or violence.
In a statement on the gofundpage it says: “Karim was a big part of fight for peace, involved in their pathways programme, their boxing training, and getting a new job, he had a great future ahead of him, he was apart of the family.
“Karim was someone who could light up a room when he walks in, someone who could make everyone laugh at any given moment. He was a special character. On the night of Friday 7th April he was an innocent boy shot dead, dying minutes later.
“He held a special place in a lot of people’s hearts and now no one will be able to see him again through this mindless act of crime and that’s something that hurts a lot of people.
“We as a community and as a family are trying to raise money for funeral related costs to give Karim the best goodbye he could possibly be given and allow his mum to do so as well.
“Please donate as little as you can as it all adds up to a larger amount.”
To make a donation visit gofundme.com/remembering-karim.
An 18-year-old man and a 17-year-old boy who were arrested on suspicion of Karim’s murder have been bailed to a date in early May.