Custom House deaths: Crowdfunding page launched to pay for the funeral of Mary Jane Mustafa
- Credit: Family handout
A crowdfunding page has been set up to help pay for the funeral of a mother whose body was found in a freezer in a flat in Custom House.
Last Friday police confirmed that 38-year-old Mary Jane Mustafa was one of the two women whose bodies were discovered at the address in Vadome Close on April 26.
The second woman has yet to be indentified.
Mary, a mother-of-two who was known as MJ, was last seen almost exactly a year ago, having left her home to go to the shops with just £3 and her mobile phone.
Since her disappearance on May 6 last year, relatives including her cousin Ayse Hussein had made repeated appeals for information in a bid to find her.
You may also want to watch:
In just two days the page, which Ayse set up, has received £6,865 in donations towards its £10,000 target.
Paying tribute to Mary, Ayse told the Recorder: “We want the best send off that she deserves no matter what it costs.
- 1 Labour Party investigates second Newham councillor over antisemitism
- 2 Police release image after teenager stabbed in Forest Gate robbery
- 3 Arrests after girl, 16, falls onto tracks at King George V DLR
- 4 Tributes to Newham cop who died after positive Covid-19 test
- 5 Lockdown in Newham having a 'positive' effect on Covid-19 case rate
- 6 Police appeal for help after woman raped in Beckton
- 7 NHS nurse assaulted at east London hospital
- 8 Newham housing association offers homes to Hackney Council with £10m price tag
- 9 Covid funding boost for Newham homeless and young people charities
- 10 West Ham reach Continental Cup last four with win over Durham
“I want to thank everyone for giving money we are really grateful for everyone and there have been so many anonymous donors too.
“Mary is loved all over the world as we have had also had money sent from Spain, Cyprus and Australia.”
To make a donation visit justgiving.com/crowdfunding/ayse-hussein-1.