Custom House deaths: Crowdfunding page launched to pay for the funeral of Mary Jane Mustafa
- Credit: Family handout
A crowdfunding page has been set up to help pay for the funeral of a mother whose body was found in a freezer in a flat in Custom House.
Last Friday police confirmed that 38-year-old Mary Jane Mustafa was one of the two women whose bodies were discovered at the address in Vadome Close on April 26.
The second woman has yet to be indentified.
Mary, a mother-of-two who was known as MJ, was last seen almost exactly a year ago, having left her home to go to the shops with just £3 and her mobile phone.
Since her disappearance on May 6 last year, relatives including her cousin Ayse Hussein had made repeated appeals for information in a bid to find her.
You may also want to watch:
In just two days the page, which Ayse set up, has received £6,865 in donations towards its £10,000 target.
Paying tribute to Mary, Ayse told the Recorder: “We want the best send off that she deserves no matter what it costs.
- 1 Hospitality Day 2021: Newham's favourite cafe, pub and restaurant revealed
- 2 David Gomoh's killers jailed 101 years total for Canning Town murder
- 3 Otas Sarkus: Two charged with murder after fatal shooting
- 4 Kacem Mokrane: Newham man amongst seven charged with 2017 murder
- 5 Watch the moment 'stolen' car drives into vehicles in East Ham
- 6 Jailed: Robbers who targeted OAPs at east London cashpoints
- 7 Plans to ease congestion at Stratford station receive £2m boost
- 8 Steven Fry stabbing: Custom House victim named in murder investigation
- 9 Travel round-up: Road and rail disruptions this week
- 10 Machetes, zombie and lock knives: Five plead guilty after police seize 128 weapons in Plaistow
“I want to thank everyone for giving money we are really grateful for everyone and there have been so many anonymous donors too.
“Mary is loved all over the world as we have had also had money sent from Spain, Cyprus and Australia.”
To make a donation visit justgiving.com/crowdfunding/ayse-hussein-1.