Free police updates available to Newham folk
Newham police have launched an innovative community messaging service called Neighbourhood Link to provide the public with news and information.
It is a free service enabling residents and businesses to sign up to receive emails and text messages on crime and safety in their area.
Through Neighbourhood Link, Safer Neighbour Team’s will keep recipients updated with police activity, crime prevention advice and what they are doing to address community concerns.
Chief Insp Guy Wade, of Newham Safer Neighbourhoods, said: “Feedback from other boroughs using Neighbourhood Link has been extremely positive and I would encourage anyone living, working or visiting Newham to sign up to Neighbourhood Link and receive information about local police activity and what we are doing to address community concerns.”
The link will be used by other Metropolitan Police Service units to keep people informed of a major incident impacting on London.
You may also want to watch:
In order to receive messages, individuals will need to register their details.
Registering is free and enables the police to send messages relevant to the areas where they live and work.
- 1 Silvertown scrap yard blaze burns throughout night as crews remain on scene
- 2 Woman arrested in Custom House fatal stabbing and shooting investigation
- 3 Newham's governance referendum: the case for both options
- 4 Silvertown scrapyard blaze under control after crews battle for nine hours
- 5 Man hit by car in alleged Canning Town 'fight' dies from injuries
- 6 Teenagers killed in London in 2021 so far nears 2020 total
- 7 Appeal to help find missing girl who may be in Dagenham, Ilford or Stratford
- 8 Police name victim of Custom House fatal shooting and stabbing
- 9 Staff 'overjoyed' as nursery opens in Stratford
- 10 Meet the candidates battling for votes in East Ham's by-election
* To register visit http://www.neighbourhoodlink.met.police.uk/registration/