Fourth arrest connected to East Ham businessman’s death
- Credit: West Midlands Police
A fourth man has been arrested in connection with the death of East Ham businessman Akhtar Javeed.
A 22-year-old man was arrested in the Derby area this morning on suspicion of conspiracy to commit robbery.
Meanwhile, officers have been granted a further 36 hours to question a 50-year-old man from Birmingham who was detained on Sunday night on suspicion of conspiracy to rob.
Mr Javeed, a 56-year-old father-of-four, died in hospital after being shot in the neck at his drinks distribution warehouse in Digbeth, Birmingham, on Wednesday, February 3.
Suraj Mistry, 26 of Laundon Way, Leicester, and 18-year-old Lemar Wali, of Osmaston Park Road, Derby, appeared before magistrates on Monday charged with Mr Javeed’s murder.
You may also want to watch:
They are set to appear at Birmingham Crown Court tomorrow.
- 1 Neighbour reports 'intolerable' antisocial car meets around ABBA Arena building site
- 2 Luxury hotel with artisan food market and rooftop bar to open in Stratford
- 3 Liverpool Street to Shenfield line suspended as person hit by train
- 4 Driver, 18, wanted for driving wrong way through Blackwall Tunnel
- 5 Campaigners claim ULEZ expansion benefit 'undone' by Silvertown Tunnel project
- 6 Capacity at West Ham's London stadium to increase to 62,500
- 7 WATCH: Footage emerges of Beckton Alps ski slope
- 8 Cause of death remains unknown after body found in disused Forest Gate pub
- 9 Newham nursery schools praised for inclusion work
- 10 Jailed man caught with knife in Stratford to be handed court order