Fourth arrest connected to East Ham businessman’s death
- Credit: West Midlands Police
A fourth man has been arrested in connection with the death of East Ham businessman Akhtar Javeed.
A 22-year-old man was arrested in the Derby area this morning on suspicion of conspiracy to commit robbery.
Meanwhile, officers have been granted a further 36 hours to question a 50-year-old man from Birmingham who was detained on Sunday night on suspicion of conspiracy to rob.
Mr Javeed, a 56-year-old father-of-four, died in hospital after being shot in the neck at his drinks distribution warehouse in Digbeth, Birmingham, on Wednesday, February 3.
Suraj Mistry, 26 of Laundon Way, Leicester, and 18-year-old Lemar Wali, of Osmaston Park Road, Derby, appeared before magistrates on Monday charged with Mr Javeed’s murder.
You may also want to watch:
They are set to appear at Birmingham Crown Court tomorrow.
- 1 New developments given the green light in Newham so far this year
- 2 Barts Trust ends major incident but situation 'critical' at Whipps Cross
- 3 Grade II-listed building to become creative hub with £250k refurb
- 4 Steward admits lanyard theft ahead of Euro 2020 final
- 5 Engineering student wins place at Princeton University
- 6 Inquest: Newham driver died of 'misadventure' after Redbridge police chase
- 7 Woodford Green and Forest Gate residents criticise councils over flooding
- 8 East London travel disruption round-up for the week ahead
- 9 Fried chicken outlet to open at Westfield in Stratford
- 10 Meet the Olympians from east London and Brentwood