Fourth arrest connected to East Ham businessman’s death
- Credit: West Midlands Police
A fourth man has been arrested in connection with the death of East Ham businessman Akhtar Javeed.
A 22-year-old man was arrested in the Derby area this morning on suspicion of conspiracy to commit robbery.
Meanwhile, officers have been granted a further 36 hours to question a 50-year-old man from Birmingham who was detained on Sunday night on suspicion of conspiracy to rob.
Mr Javeed, a 56-year-old father-of-four, died in hospital after being shot in the neck at his drinks distribution warehouse in Digbeth, Birmingham, on Wednesday, February 3.
Suraj Mistry, 26 of Laundon Way, Leicester, and 18-year-old Lemar Wali, of Osmaston Park Road, Derby, appeared before magistrates on Monday charged with Mr Javeed’s murder.
You may also want to watch:
They are set to appear at Birmingham Crown Court tomorrow.
- 1 Clapton Community FC members demand 'Justice for Sami' outside Forest Gate Police Station
- 2 Police officer to appear in court after death of man in East Ham
- 3 Restored Victorian warehouse in Stratford to become dance and music hub
- 4 Second jabs hub opening at Westfield as ExCeL London vaccination centre soon to close
- 5 Pupils send 'awe-inspiring' accounts of pandemic into the future with time capsule
- 6 Police officer jailed for GBH after injuring man in Forest Gate
- 7 College teacher: Students and teachers 'lose trust' over government's Covid response
- 8 Town hall chief says Newham 'doing everything it can' to ensure polling is 'safe and fair'
- 9 Meeting ex-banker London mayoral candidate Brian Rose
- 10 Stratford School Academy pupil helps launch fund in memory of Prince Philip