Four teenagers arrested over Canning Town ‘samurai sword’ attack
- Credit: Archant
Four young men, all aged between 17 and 18, have been arrested in connection with a stabbing in Canning Town on Wednesday.
Police said the teens were found in a minicab close to the scene where an 18-year-old had suffered stab wounds to the back.
They have all been bailed until May 29 pending further inquiries by officers surrounding the circumstances of the incident.
The victim has since been discharged from hospital and his injuries have been described as non-life-threatening and non-life-changing. Gang-related activity will be one line of inquiry but officers say they are keeping an open mind regarding a motive.
An eyewitness said the stab wounds were inflicted by a samurai sword but, although suspected weapons have been recovered for forensic examination, the type of blade remains unconfirmed.
You may also want to watch:
Any witnesses or anyone with any information should call police on 101 or Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.
- 1 Fried chicken outlet to open at Westfield in Stratford
- 2 More than 20 places in Newham hit by flooding, council says
- 3 Clean-up underway after flash floods hit Newham
- 4 Tributes to Pearly King of Newham who has died aged 79
- 5 School's out!: Newham puts on jam-packed summer holiday activities programme
- 6 Ceiling panels collapse and operations cancelled at hospital after flooding
- 7 The secondary schools in Newham rated outstanding by Ofsted
- 8 Queen's 1983 visit to St Mary Magdalene's marked with unveiling of new plaque
- 9 Kitchens from independent chefs coming to Beckton in Raymond Blanc-supported project
- 10 Appeal after man allegedly 'spits at' woman travelling through Whitechapel, West Ham and Barking