Four men in court after East Ham fatal stabbing
- Credit: Met Police
Four men have appeared in court charged with the murder of Abiola Akerele.
Mr Akerele died as a result of a stab injury to the heart following an attack in Stondon Walk, East Ham on Tuesday, December 29.
The 28 year-old was pronounced dead at the scene after police and paramedics were called in.
Rayhan Yasin Ali, 18, of Abbots Road, East Ham; Harry Ehibor, 20, of Chalk Farm Road, Camden; Saeed Farouk, 21, of Macaulay Road, East Ham and Junaid Sulaiman, 20, of Prince Regent Lane, Plaistow appeared at Thames Magistrates' Court today (January 4).
All four were remanded in custody to appear at a virtual hearing at the Old Bailey tomorrow (January 5).
A 17-year-old girl - who was arrested on suspicion of murder on Friday, January 1 - has been released on bail until a date at the end of this month.
His next of kin continue to be supported by specialist officers.
- 1 East London man charged with six terrorism offences
- 2 Warnings of ice across London amid plummeting temperatures
- 3 Burglar posing as police officer 'preyed upon the elderly'
- 4 'Extremely violent' Forest Gate robbery filmed by onlookers
- 5 'We have been failed': Newham families face eviction by council
- 6 Westfield bar's licence under threat after girl raped
- 7 We need to put the ball in the net says Rice after West Ham defeat at City
- 8 Multi-vehicle collision in Canning Town leads to one driver being cut free
- 9 Members of Mali Boys gang jailed for supplying Class A drugs into Essex
- 10 Man masturbates on Central line train in front of two women
Anyone who witnessed the incident or knows anything about what happened should call 101 or tweet @MetCC.
Alternatively, call Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.