Four men in court after East Ham fatal stabbing
- Credit: Met Police
Four men have appeared in court charged with the murder of Abiola Akerele.
Mr Akerele died as a result of a stab injury to the heart following an attack in Stondon Walk, East Ham on Tuesday, December 29.
The 28 year-old was pronounced dead at the scene after police and paramedics were called in.
Rayhan Yasin Ali, 18, of Abbots Road, East Ham; Harry Ehibor, 20, of Chalk Farm Road, Camden; Saeed Farouk, 21, of Macaulay Road, East Ham and Junaid Sulaiman, 20, of Prince Regent Lane, Plaistow appeared at Thames Magistrates' Court today (January 4).
All four were remanded in custody to appear at a virtual hearing at the Old Bailey tomorrow (January 5).
A 17-year-old girl - who was arrested on suspicion of murder on Friday, January 1 - has been released on bail until a date at the end of this month.
His next of kin continue to be supported by specialist officers.
- 1 Things to do in east London this weekend (August 7-8)
- 2 Man, 19, arrested in Newham during proactive police patrol
- 3 Junior Jah: Police release image of stolen car used in Custom House fatal attack
- 4 Bus crashes into lamp post in Stratford
- 5 Cannabis factory discovered by firefighters tackling blaze in Upton Park
- 6 East Ham cannabis farm raided by police
- 7 Start Me Up: Rolling Stones legend Ronnie Wood opens studio in Canning Town for budding musicians
- 8 Leyton Orient could be without key forwards for season opener at Salford
- 9 Excess death rates in Newham among highest in England and Wales, figures show
- 10 'Beautiful' meadow blossoms at Wanstead Flats a year after Covid-19 mortuary removed
Anyone who witnessed the incident or knows anything about what happened should call 101 or tweet @MetCC.
Alternatively, call Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.