Four men in court after East Ham fatal stabbing
- Credit: Met Police
Four men have appeared in court charged with the murder of Abiola Akerele.
Mr Akerele died as a result of a stab injury to the heart following an attack in Stondon Walk, East Ham on Tuesday, December 29.
The 28 year-old was pronounced dead at the scene after police and paramedics were called in.
Rayhan Yasin Ali, 18, of Abbots Road, East Ham; Harry Ehibor, 20, of Chalk Farm Road, Camden; Saeed Farouk, 21, of Macaulay Road, East Ham and Junaid Sulaiman, 20, of Prince Regent Lane, Plaistow appeared at Thames Magistrates' Court today (January 4).
All four were remanded in custody to appear at a virtual hearing at the Old Bailey tomorrow (January 5).
A 17-year-old girl - who was arrested on suspicion of murder on Friday, January 1 - has been released on bail until a date at the end of this month.
His next of kin continue to be supported by specialist officers.
- 1 Newham to start weekly recycling collections
- 2 Town hall chiefs back £3m purchase of Plaistow property for rough sleeper centre
- 3 Anonymous tip off could hold key to murder of Sami Sidhom three years later
- 4 Operose: Addressing 'understandable' concerns over GP takeover
- 5 Police officer jailed for GBH after injuring man in Forest Gate
- 6 Body found in search for missing Newham man
- 7 Housing campaigners to stage protest in Canning Town over empty homes
- 8 Jailed: Newham men who raped and robbed women in Hackney home
- 9 Women's FA Cup: West Ham 11 Chichester & Selsey 0
- 10 Santino Dymiter murder: Teens given life terms for 'savage' gang killing
Anyone who witnessed the incident or knows anything about what happened should call 101 or tweet @MetCC.
Alternatively, call Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.