Four men charged following gun battle with police in Forest Gate
- Credit: Jon King
Four men have been charged with three attempted murders and weapons offences after police were involved in a gun battle in Forest Gate.
Shots were fired at armed response unit officers from a BMW before officers returned fire in Lascelles Close on Thursday just before midnight.
No-one was hurt in the exchange and one firearm was recovered from the vehicle.
Nathaniel Lewis, 22, of Earlham Grove, Forest Gate, Darnell Joseph-Newill, 21, Willis Road, Plaistow, and Troy Ifill, 21, of Torrens Square, Stratford, and Lekan Akinsoji, 20, of no fixed address, have each been charged with three counts of attempted murder, possession of a shotgun, possession of a shotgun with intent to endanger life and possession of an axe and a “zombie knife”.
Akinsoji and Lewis have also been charged with possession of a firearm following a suspended sentence.
You may also want to watch:
They are all in custody and are due to appear at Thames Magistrates’ Court tomorrow (Monday).
- 1 'It's about safety': Manor Park neighbours urge council to crack down on pavement parking
- 2 East Ham cannabis farm raided by police
- 3 Start Me Up: Rolling Stones legend Ronnie Wood opens studio in Canning Town for budding musicians
- 4 Roof destroyed by fire in Upton Park
- 5 Jailed: 'Violent' Beckton man who threatened to chop off ex-partner's head
- 6 Guilty: Who was jailed across east London in July?
- 7 Free climber scales Stratford skyscraper for climate change awareness
- 8 Transfer round-up: Leyton Orient bring in eight as departures find new clubs
- 9 Data reveals house price rises in Olympic boroughs since London 2012
- 10 Bus crashes into lamp post in Stratford