Forest Gate student jailed for hiding guns in his home
- Credit: Archant
This is the deadly arsenal of guns a student from Forest Gate stashed away in his home while studying away during the week.
Endurance Omogun-Eichie hid the four guns and ammunition at his address in Cormorant Road which he returned to every weekend and during his holidays.
Today the 20-year-old has been sent to a youth offenders’ institution for six years after he pleaded guilty to a number of firearm offences.
Snaresbrook Crown Court heard the weapons were discovered when officers from the Met’s Trident and Area Crime Command team raided his home after acting on intelligence on February 10 this year.
Detective Inspector Steve Meechan, of the Met’s Trident and Area Crime Command, said: “Tackling gun crime remains a key priority of the Met and Trident officers will continue to target those who choose to store such dangerous weapons.”
You may also want to watch:
Omogun-Eichie pleading guilty at an earlier hearing to two counts of possessing a prohibited firearm, one count of possessing a firearm without a firearm certificate, one count of possessing an altered firearm without a firearm certificate and two counts of possessing ammunition without a firearm certificate
- 1 Violent gang stuff sock in elderly woman's mouth and steal her jewellery
- 2 Council rents offices to ambulance service to save money
- 3 Our planet is in a terrible place
- 4 Covid vaccination hub opening in Westfield next week
- 5 Police release image after teenager stabbed in Forest Gate robbery
- 6 What a load of old rubbish: Fly-tippers keep charity staff out of building
- 7 NHS nurse assaulted at east London hospital
- 8 Arrests after girl, 16, falls onto tracks at King George V DLR
- 9 Tributes to Newham cop who died after positive Covid-19 test
- 10 West Ham assistant manager Alan Irvine backs Said Benrahma to end goal drought