Forest Gate student jailed for hiding guns in his home
- Credit: Archant
This is the deadly arsenal of guns a student from Forest Gate stashed away in his home while studying away during the week.
Endurance Omogun-Eichie hid the four guns and ammunition at his address in Cormorant Road which he returned to every weekend and during his holidays.
Today the 20-year-old has been sent to a youth offenders’ institution for six years after he pleaded guilty to a number of firearm offences.
Snaresbrook Crown Court heard the weapons were discovered when officers from the Met’s Trident and Area Crime Command team raided his home after acting on intelligence on February 10 this year.
Detective Inspector Steve Meechan, of the Met’s Trident and Area Crime Command, said: “Tackling gun crime remains a key priority of the Met and Trident officers will continue to target those who choose to store such dangerous weapons.”
You may also want to watch:
Omogun-Eichie pleading guilty at an earlier hearing to two counts of possessing a prohibited firearm, one count of possessing a firearm without a firearm certificate, one count of possessing an altered firearm without a firearm certificate and two counts of possessing ammunition without a firearm certificate
- 1 Newham to start weekly recycling collections
- 2 Anonymous tip off could hold key to murder of Sami Sidhom three years later
- 3 Town hall chiefs back £3m purchase of Plaistow property for rough sleeper centre
- 4 Police officer jailed for GBH after injuring man in Forest Gate
- 5 Housing campaigners to stage protest in Canning Town over empty homes
- 6 Arsenal's game in hand with West Ham set for April 28
- 7 Body found in search for missing Newham man
- 8 Newcastle's late Willock winner hits West Ham hopes
- 9 Jailed: Newham men who raped and robbed women in Hackney home
- 10 Campaigners stage River Thames protest over Silvertown Tunnel