Forest Gate student jailed for hiding guns in his home
- Credit: Archant
This is the deadly arsenal of guns a student from Forest Gate stashed away in his home while studying away during the week.
Endurance Omogun-Eichie hid the four guns and ammunition at his address in Cormorant Road which he returned to every weekend and during his holidays.
Today the 20-year-old has been sent to a youth offenders’ institution for six years after he pleaded guilty to a number of firearm offences.
Snaresbrook Crown Court heard the weapons were discovered when officers from the Met’s Trident and Area Crime Command team raided his home after acting on intelligence on February 10 this year.
Detective Inspector Steve Meechan, of the Met’s Trident and Area Crime Command, said: “Tackling gun crime remains a key priority of the Met and Trident officers will continue to target those who choose to store such dangerous weapons.”
You may also want to watch:
Omogun-Eichie pleading guilty at an earlier hearing to two counts of possessing a prohibited firearm, one count of possessing a firearm without a firearm certificate, one count of possessing an altered firearm without a firearm certificate and two counts of possessing ammunition without a firearm certificate
- 1 The secondary schools in Newham rated outstanding by Ofsted
- 2 Canning Town bus station stays closed as 'urgent' investigation underway
- 3 Can you help find man missing from Royal Docks?
- 4 Man injured as glass falls from Canning Town bus station canopy
- 5 Men from Canning Town and Leytonstone charged with theft from Wembley Stadium
- 6 Appeal after man allegedly 'spits at' woman travelling through Whitechapel, West Ham and Barking
- 7 High Court judge rules no further action needed over embargo breach by Newham company boss
- 8 Weather warning in place with east London set for thundery weekend
- 9 Boy, 16, found stabbed in Custom House
- 10 Man suffers 'life-changing' injuries in Plaistow bicycle crash