Forest Gate residents to hold public meeting to devise anti-violence action plan after killing of Sami Sidhom
- Credit: Met Police
A public meeting has been organised by neighbours of Sami Sidhom and parents in Forest Gate to discuss the recent spate of violence which has blighted the community.
There will be opening addresses from invited guests including the newly elected mayor of Newham Rokhsana Fiaz at the meeting on Monday night.
The meeting will then break up into a number of group discussions so residents can decide on steps that should be taken to protect young people in Forest Gate and the aim is to draw up an action plan to put to Newham Council.
Annu Mayor, one of the event’s organisers, said: “As a next door neighbour to Sami Sidhom I had to get involved in supporting the family and other young people in making some collective action, along with friends and neighbours.
“Together we have organised a meeting supported by local organisations who work with young people. We want people to share their experiences and concerns and decide what actions we can take.”
You may also want to watch:
The meeting will be held at Durning Hall in Earlham Grove. Doors open at 6.15pm for a 6.30pm start.
Organisations Forest Gate Youth Zone, Aston Mansfield, Newham Youth Offending Team, Headstart, Ambition Aspire Achieve and Newham Youth Independent Advisory Group will have representatives attending.
- 1 Clean-up underway after flash floods hit Newham
- 2 Flooding causes road and rail disruption across east London
- 3 Fried chicken outlet to open at Westfield in Stratford
- 4 Ceiling panels collapse and operations cancelled at hospital after flooding
- 5 Leyton Orient boss Jackett full of praise for Sotiriou after Magpies win
- 6 The secondary schools in Newham rated outstanding by Ofsted
- 7 Canning Town bus station stays closed as 'urgent' investigation underway
- 8 Canning town bus station reopens after falling glass injures man
- 9 Brilliant moment for Okoflex as he nets in West Ham's win at Celtic
- 10 Boy, 16, found stabbed in Custom House