Forest Gate paedophile boxing coach jailed for five years
A former boxing coach who molested a young fighter hundreds of times 40 years ago was jailed for five years at Inner London Crown Court yesterday.
Prosecutor Chris Stimpson told how Deal groomed the boy before attacking him in his car in Barking and raping him in his home.
Mr Stimpson said: “This happened hundreds of times according to the victim.”
Judge Roger Chapple told Deal: “The offences to which you have pleaded guilty represent a course of persistent sexual abuse with a child that would fill any right-thinking person with revulsion.”
Judge Chapple said he took the defendent’s deterioating health into account when deciding the length of the sentence.
You may also want to watch:
Deal pleaded guilty to four counts of indecent assault on a male person, two counts of buggery, and one of indecency with a child.
The victim, now 53, said in a statement through law firm Panone: “I am relieved that I have finally been able to face the events of the past and that my tormentor is to be punished by the court for his crimes.
- 1 Second jabs hub opening at Westfield as ExCeL London vaccination centre soon to close
- 2 Ex-student who got MIT scholarship sets up tutor business to help others
- 3 'Council houses now': Protesters stage action over empty homes
- 4 Newham foster carers on 'most rewarding and uplifting experience'
- 5 Feminism, corner shops and bricks: Here's what's happening in Newham Heritage Month
- 6 Website helps disadvantaged youth understand job roles to raise aspirations
- 7 Anonymous tip off could hold key to murder of Sami Sidhom three years later
- 8 Newham to start weekly recycling collections
- 9 Call The Midwife stars meet Bonny Downs staff and families
- 10 Police officer jailed for GBH after injuring man in Forest Gate
“My fear though is that other boys were abused by this man and if they were, I would urge them to do as I have done and to contact the police and seek legal advice.”
Pannone confirmed they are advising the victim on a civil action against the boxing club in East Ham, which has since moved from the area, and they are trying to trace its present whereabouts.